Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Great Planes P-51D

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Great Planes P-51D

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:41 PM
hobbyflier20
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes P-51D

Alright I just picked up a Great Planes P-51D KIT and had a few questions I am hoping you can help me with. The WS is 57" and according to the box will weigh approx. 6 lbs. I want to install retracts, but not sure which ones would work best in this application? Also, I would really like to install a retractable/steerable tailwheel in the correct scale location, is there a retractable/steerable set-up out there already, or will I have to fabricate my own? Finally, I want to have flaps on this plane (want to make it scale-like) and was wondering if mini-servos would work for flaps, and if so, what would be the recommended specs I should look for in the servos? Any and all help/info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-06-2009, 07:43 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes P-51D

Here is a review I did on a set of retracts that were installed in the GP P-51. It migh help you a little bit. Good Luck, Dave

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=686