Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM P47 Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 03:16 PM
MoSo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P47Pilot
I have about 80 flights on mine now (Evo 26ccm with 18X8 2-blade Mejzlik) , I actually did not reinforce the firewall at all, and upon inspection things look solid. No reinforcements of landing gear bay either (Sierra retracts).I had one hard land, early on, with a deadstickon climbout just after takeoff. No damage to the plane.Everything is still holding up just fine. HadI built it again, I would have done what you have done, glassing the inside of the firewall, instead of adding lead to the front. I like your engine choice, it will really haul the plane around with authority. Did youadd in more right thrust than what is built into the plane from ESM?
Hi Mate,

I am just building up mine. You mentioned that ESM have a built in right thrust to the fire wall? The f/wall is monolithic to the fuse isn't it? Would you kindly elaborate a bit more, please? I was planning to put in some washers top and left sides as we normally do for down and right thrust. So from what you've said, I only need down thrust, correct?

Cheers
Mo
Old 10-22-2022, 02:47 PM
MoSo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Esm p47d jug

Originally Posted by timmybeetle
Pilots

I sold mine today, to many planes in my hangar.

Hans
Hey Hans, sorry to hear that but of course you have your reasons...

Also, I understand there is a built in right thrust on the firewall. Is this correct? Further, is there a a down thrust also built in?

Cheers
Mo

Last edited by MoSo; 10-22-2022 at 03:17 PM.