Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

KMP's New Sport Series debued!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP's New Sport Series debued!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:28 PM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP's New Sport Series debued!

ORIGINAL: Loopman

flytaildragger,
I notice a couple of things on the L4 that raise a couple of questions. 1. I noticed that there are doors that open on both sides of the fuse which is not scale. 2. Can the funky colored national insignia along with the incorrect sized numbers be easily removed? I don't know why after all this time the Chinese cannot get the correct color blue for our national insignia! The plane overall looks very good, however the wing construction, door mounting and articulated landing gear look very, very familiar to an all ready existing model of a Piper Cub.

Happy Flying!

Loopman

We noticed the insignia representation right away on this prototype. Andrew has already addressed it in the production models.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:33 PM
sj3cub
My Feedback: (9)

Boy, The L-4 is stand way way far away scale. [&o]
Old 03-18-2010, 10:50 AM
flytaildragger

This picture is of a prototype, changes to the insignia and such will be changed on the prototype
Old 03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
flytaildragger

If anyone was interested in either one of these aircraft, now would be a good time to call. They are scheduled to arrive in 5 days was the word from Andrew as of today.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:54 PM
jetnfast
My Feedback: (2)

Can you provide more specs on the T-6 Texan II? What is the AUW of the plane? how about an electric conversion? Any more pics? I flew Tweets as an IP before they recently transitioned to the Texan, never flew it, but maybe when I am back to AETC again one day.

Cheers,
Jetnfast
Old 04-14-2010, 06:38 PM
flytaildragger

Hello everyone, The Toledo show has come and gone, WOW talking about eye candy everywhere for the discerning modeler. Here are some more pictures of the PC9 Texan II, the Canadian version is also beautiful. It was also the first time I personally got to see the new Texans. Andrew just keeps on trucking. These planes are eye candy, I seen it myself as people strolled by the booth. The specs on the PC9 can be easily found on the website, www.kmp.ca. The plane is designed for the new 20-26cc gasser or a good 120 will fly it with authority. I believe it can still be flown with a strong .91. Robart retracts are available, The shipment has arrived and those of you who have been waiting will relish the experience of opening the box up for the first time. The fellow on the right is me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58015.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1418122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10949.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	1418123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40435.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	1418124  
Old 04-17-2010, 09:24 PM
GIDDYUP

Will a MLD 28CC or DLE 30CC be to big for the T-6A? Is the landing gear (struts) scale and how much...did not see them on the KMP site?

Thanks! RG
Old 04-20-2010, 07:10 PM
flytaildragger

Well Giddyup, the T6 Texan II is a 1.20 size airframe. We recommend an Aerovate 20 or 26cc gasser or a Saito 100-125 for power. Anything larger is up to you. Remember, you have ground clearance issues the larger the motor. The nose is long on the plane so weight in the nose will be a consideration as well. We are now shipping them out...

On the other planes we are going to be bringing in, the AT6 Texan with a 88" wingspan will accept the 28 or the 30cc as mentioned, They will be the perfect powerplant choice for that bird.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:59 PM
GIDDYUP

Thanks for the update...it is hard tell what is possible from pics alone. I am guessing 11-12 lbs dry if it is a 1.20 size plane. Can you tell me the overall length....65"-73"? Maybe the wife will let me buy a new 2010 Tundra to haul it to the field...okay I am dreaming again!
Can't wait see more pictures and youtube action videos.

Cheers! Giddyup
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 AM
flytaildragger

I think the overall length is about 63" because we really underestimated shipping costs. The plane falls into oversize box shipping like the PC21 did because the nose of the plane isn't a cowl, it is genuinely part of the fuselage and the cowl fits underneath. One of the reasons of the beautiful lines.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

When will the instructions be available for the Texan II? I'd like to look at how hard an electric conversion would be. Also, what is the current stock status of the USAF version?
Old 04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
flytaildragger

The instructions aren't posted yet, I just received mine today. I will be showing it off, state of Washingtion, Zillah Big Bird near Yakima. I will have an opportunity then to review the instructions and perhaps some pics of internals. For now, you can get one, "In Stock" is a term that can change without notice. All I know is they are flying out the door as is with any good model.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:02 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the LHS has an L-4 for their own use and I got to see it today fully built. it is a gorgeous aircraft with some nice lines. Looks like a winner
Old 09-18-2010, 09:07 AM
GIDDYUP

Does anyone own a PC-9 Texan II yet...I have not seen any field photos or cool videos of the plane flying?
Old 09-19-2010, 12:58 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: GIDDYUP

Does anyone own a PC-9 Texan II yet...I have not seen any field photos or cool videos of the plane flying?

I've got one that I'm going to do an electric conversion on, but work's kept me too busy to do anything with it yet. I can tell you the quality looks pretty good. Glass fuse is stiff, but not heavy and the paint's pretty good too.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:18 AM
GIDDYUP

RCMIGPILOT,

Thanks for the intel. I am really surprised KMP has not put out marketing material like other vendors...youtube videos and more photos. I look forward to seeing your progress...best of luck!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:47 AM
mobyal

Dunno why not. One of the reasons I went to Toledo last April was to look at their new line. The Texan II is really nice, but the T28 and AT6 were just stunning. Though deliveries were to start in May or June, neither is yet available.