Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Latest on LADO?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:25 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Latest on LADO?

ORIGINAL: da Rock

ORIGINAL: bigtim

supposedly the LADO gear is going to be available tomorrow 6-11-10 now thats been the second time magnum has pushed back there arrival date so we shall see wheather or not that comes true, magnum will send notifications of product availability if you sign up for there news letter.
That date was listed on the magnum website under each different retract. Well, it was listed there up until today. That line is now ''product added May 26'' or somesuch. It's just under and to the side of the big SOLD OUT sign.

They seem to be following in the footsteps that got them where they are today. Jeez, I hope they start improving sooner than later.
couldn't agree more its pretty sad,its like hanging from a cliff holding a rope thats slowly breaking, eventually someone is going to fall, looks like the D&L boys are trying to scoop up some buisness.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:58 PM

The D&L boys have a good service for sure, and they appear to be customer friendly. Unfortunately, they are only of benefit to those who have discovered that air retracts aren't for everyone. They can help those a bunch, but are of no use to people who simply want to buy good reliable electric retracts in the box ready to install.

I sorta hope the D&L boys discover a way to market the mechanical parts their electric retrofit parts work with.

It is sad that the LADO saga seems to be continuing with little real change, even after some new names were written into the script.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:06 PM
My Feedback: (13)

I sent gus a email today and he quickly returned it stating the gear are in U.S. customs processing they could be as long as 1-2 weeks before there available
Old 06-13-2010, 02:53 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you dont mine me asking , but for those of you who own eletric retracts or may have some good indepth knowledge can you tell me why this would happen ?

I am useng some small eletric retracts on my airfield 1400mm P40 . They work flawlessly when benched tested in the wings and I use a servos cycler to simply get them moveing .
I connect a y harness to both servos and one lead into the cycler and of course I add a small battery for power (all is good ) .

Ok so I go to put the same exact set up in the 2.4 that comes with the plane , this time power the system with my lipo batter that is powering the entire plane .
WHen I hit the retract switch on the supplied 2.4 system transfmitter I can only get one retract to work ?
I even retested it again on the servo cycler and its works fine , but not when connected with the same y harness and into the 2.4 receiver .
Tried all differant types of y harnesses and also switched connections on the receiver but no go ?

The retracts are from PW RC , they are really nice and i know its not them , its must be something with the hook up or perhaps voltage needed to power them.
I did email the company and they used the exact same set up as me with a y harness to one connection ?
Any help in this forum or a pm would be greatly apprecited

LDM

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97...#ixzz0qiWNzwwt