Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Sheperton Australia 2010 is it on?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Sheperton Australia 2010 is it on?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:58 PM
dubs1946

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sheperton Australia 2010 is it on?

Just retrieved this from our web-site see below.
(wrcs.org.au)
One of our members e-mailed VRF. to see what was happening as the area has been badly flooded, it seems like it is still on and should be ok if the weather co-operates, thats good as i have already paid for my motel there will be about 30 going from our club.
Who is going? and what are you bringing, i have run out of aircraft i punched the retract through my Hurricane wing due to a dead stick so have to build a new wing and my TA152 i flew yesterday and cracked the body with a dodgy landing, The TA 152 weighs 47 Pound with a 3W85 in the nose and its a steep unforgiving learning curve on landing at that weight but i am getting there.I must say that the 3W is really honking and pulls it around with authority, but oh the landings Bug#er.
Perhaps it would be good to fit some faces to the nicknames and meet up.
Dave.

Subject: Re: Mammoth Scale Fly in

hi

just got news, the fields looking ok at this stage
so provided we don't get to much rain we will be ok

regards Phill VRF "
Old 09-09-2010, 12:24 AM
spitmad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sheperton Australia 2010 is it on?

G'day Dave
Bugga about your Hurri and the 152

I was planning on taking my MD Spitfire, TFGS P47 and my Byron P51 ...........but have had no time to get them ready and it turns out now that I can only do one day.
So I will be there on Saturday for a look see only , what aircraft are you taking so I can look out for you.

Alan
Old 09-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got a 1/4 scale Cub on floats if that helps hehe
Old 09-09-2010, 10:18 PM
dubs1946

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Alan, i just received this from the organizers.Today Thursday.

"Dear Dave.,
Thanks for your email re our Mammoth Scale Fly In to be held on the 18th and 19th September. In regard to the status of the event it is still on. The local rivers are at major flood level as we speak but this is expected to drop considerably by the time of the Mammoth. The rivers concerned have closed a number of roads between the field and Shepparton but we would expect these to be open by early next week. We did not get the huge volume of rain in Shepparton that fell in the mountains and is now causing the flooding so although the field is damp we would expect it to dry out considerably by the Mammoth providing we do not get too much extra follow up rain. The Club will be having a working bee over the weekend to make final preparations plus a meeting next Monday night where the conditions at the field will be considered and a final decision will be made. If this years Mammoth is cancelled I will email participants including yourself by 12 noon on Tuesday 14th. If you hear nothing consider it still on.
Regards
Adrian Sumner
VRF Mammoth Organiser"

Hi again Alan
l will be without an aircraft just in the pits and spotting for other club members, we should have about 10 pit spots.
Saturday is always the best day if the weather holds.
I have been watching your builds for some time and now with your Tiffy build as well.
It would be good to meet up we will be wearing our club t-shirts if its not to cold they are light blue with WRCS. on them and i will have an Army Slouch hat on and i am big and ugly,lol ask for Dave.Pound.
I am building at the moment a 85inch P47D so i will be looking to buy an engine 60 to 85cc. Col Taylor will have a stand there and maybe some other manufactures, I would like to put in another 3W85 in but they are very expensive at about $1200 all up so i may go Chinese DLE55.
Your MD Spitfire would have been great but i found out the hard way that its best to take a well flown and soughted aircraft as the pressure of a new flying field,new aircraft and a contest do not mix well,so even if the TA was ok i would not have taken it i want 20 flights and good landings before i air it at any contests.
I have a feeling that the numbers will be down this year especially from NSW. and Queensland, as i received a postal invite and entry form and i am not on the there "A" list.
In NSW.we have two large contests now as big as Shepperton so i guess people will not want to travel as it is a 9 hour car trip from Sydney and double that from up North, also the landing fees are a bit high $50 so with that 2 nights hotel gas food etc you are looking at $500 for me.
So might see you there.
Dave.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lets hope the river floods wash away some of the "rif raf" that has accumulated around Shep over recent years