RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   EasyTiger's giant scale corsair (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/10598884-easytigers-giant-scale-corsair.html)

invertmast 07-01-2011 02:35 PM

RE: EasyTiger's giant scale corsair

@ $995 I would expect that to be shipped. I liked the airplane from the first photos, and thought i may of picked one up for my first ARF "bash" but for the price of the airframe AND shipping.. I could build something more scale from the beginning for (probably) less in cost.

Granted, it is a great looking airframe to start with, but it didn't even cost $150 to ship my Comp-ARF Eurosport to me from Taiwan!

dionysusbacchus 07-01-2011 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: SIMCO

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=759787 Now you don't have to strip,repaint, modify or say this doesn't look right. And I'm not the one selling this. it seems to me that the amount of ''bashing'' to make something you want, you can build it instead. Stepping off the soap box.
Step 1. Trying to understanding the mind of a basher.
Step 2. Realizing you don't understand the mind of a basher.
Step 3. Why even reply if you don't understand the mind of a basher?

lol!

Experten109/40 07-01-2011 03:23 PM

ahhhhh shipping. I agree $150 is a tad much. my 73" 109 right from China only cost me $60 to ship to Canada.
some companies tend to overcharge on shipping to recoupe some of there " discount" sale price. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/rolleyes.gif

fun fact : what you pay per inch of wing span~

ET 95" span @ $995 = $10.44 per inch
cmp 73" @ $240 = $3.29 per inch

77chickenhawk 07-01-2011 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: SIMCO

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=759787 Now you don't have to strip,repaint, modify or say this doesn't look right. And I'm not the one selling this. it seems to me that the amount of ''bashing'' to make something you want, you can build it instead. Stepping off the soap box.
Step 1. Trying to understanding the mind of a basher.
Step 2. Realizing you don't understand the mind of a basher.
Step 3. Why even reply if you don't understand the mind of a basher?

oh that's to funny

Whistling Death 07-01-2011 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: invertmast

@ $995 I would expect that to be shipped. I liked the airplane from the first photos, and thought i may of picked one up for my first ARF ''bash'' but for the price of the airframe AND shipping.. I could build something more scale from the beginning for (probably) less in cost.

Granted, it is a great looking airframe to start with, but it didn't even cost $150 to ship my Comp-ARF Eurosport to me from Taiwan!
Yeah, seems like the guy is making a bit of shipping huh? That is my ultimate pet peeve.
Ship it for what is cost for goodness sake.

CorsairJock 07-01-2011 06:00 PM

.......................Yeah, seems like the guy is making a bit of shipping huh? That is my ultimate pet peeve.
Ship it for what is cost for goodness sake.
Anybody ever try to ship something this big? Some retailers are abe to negotiate very nice contracts with shippers. Harbor Frieght is the one that impresses me: they have shipped items to me that were BIG and weighed over 100 lbs for less than $20. Tower Hobbies must have a pretty good deal too, to ship the items that they do for FREE.
But most don't have those options, like I said: try it yourself.

Experten109/40 07-01-2011 06:45 PM

have, did, done.you pay for the shipping container, NOT the individual plane. 20 planes to a container,
maybe $600 to ship. $30/per plane. shipping continential US shouldn't cost more then $50. so at the
most $80 to your door. if its more, they need to make a better deal. thats why sometimes one waits
ALONG time for a plane from ET. he needs to fill the container.

Whistling Death 07-01-2011 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: CorsairJock

Anybody ever try to ship something this big?
yes

glazier808 07-01-2011 07:37 PM

5000 USD for one container off the dock, delivered to where ever in the world you want it(as long as they have a dock lol)...how many can you pack in a semi truck?

this plane actually has some good lines to it....

Casey

Experten109/40 07-01-2011 07:45 PM

who's talking from the US. I'm talking from China to the US. look it up. 6 bills for a small shipping container.
shipped a motocycle from Nova Scotia to Barri Italy for just under $700.

glazier808 07-01-2011 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Experten109/40

who's talking from the US. I'm talking from China to the US. look it up. 6 bills for a small shipping container.
shipped a motocycle from Nova Scotia to Barri Italy for just under $700.

I just got done building the Trump Towers in Waikiki....

we recieved 127 containers from CHINA

5000USD shipped dock to dock for large container(40 foot)....

about 3500USD for a small container(20foot)

http://www.matson.com/index.html#

like I said, how many can you shove in a semi truck....

SIMCO 07-02-2011 11:47 AM

LOL on the minds of bashiing. No,I don't onderstand the logic. One of mentor's favorite quotes"50 feet and 50 mph you will never see it" Good luck in your pursuits.

whstlngdeath 07-02-2011 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Extreme bashing!!

Jesse

glazier808 07-02-2011 05:32 PM

I like it!

Where do I find one?

Casey

Whistling Death 07-02-2011 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: whstlngdeath

Extreme bashing!!
Jesse
Wow, that is the neatest little thing I have seen in a long time. Makes me wish I had a grandson. :D

whstlngdeath 07-02-2011 06:24 PM

Aircraft Spruce sells the plans. Check out the last two entries on the specs list:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...dalplanes2.php

Jesse

Whistling Death 07-02-2011 07:52 PM

One thing I noticed about the ET corsair was the canopy was hazy looking, typical of a lot of Chinese ARFs.

dionysusbacchus 07-03-2011 09:33 AM

One thing I noticed about the ET corsair was the canopy was hazy looking, typical of a lot of Chinese ARFs.
Noticed that also, when I get mine I'm going to make a new canopy, and I'll be making a cockpit kit for this one. I also will check and see if Sierra will make a short tail wheel. I just want to check the bottom of the wing before I order retracts or do anything really.

Jim Cattanach 12-20-2011 02:14 AM

Does anyone have one & have they flown it? Would like some opinion of its qualities, or otherwise.

dmyers0403 12-20-2011 07:28 AM

I received mine in October. Have not done much with it yet as I have been in a house move and have a couple of projects in front of it. Overall I am very pleased with kit. May finish it in a different color and change out canopy. Only concern I have is the wing spars. There are two (2) in the mid gull section. They are not solid wood but laser cut ply in a trussed pattern. Appears to be 1/4 inch min. Only the mid spar joins to outer panels. Like the scale approach to control surfaces, not butted edges. Will inspect more later but kit came in during middle of a house move and I have not spent much time with it, just put it away safely.
It was not cheap but a kit finished to this point does not save that much, at least in my experience. Will try and post some pics if interested.

uncljoe 12-20-2011 08:21 AM

@ $995 I would expect that to be shipped. I liked the airplane from the first photos, and thought i may of picked one up for my first ARF "bash" but for the price of the airframe AND shipping.. I could build something more scale from the beginning for (probably) less in cost.

My compARF F4U shipping (2 boxes)was 276.00 . It's most likely it a big ***** box ; they are at a premium price from the forwarding company .Just look at what the USPS charges their prices have doubled since last year .( VHS cartage sized box started out at 1.95 now its 5.75 ....

Joe
<br type="_moz" />

Whistling Death 12-20-2011 08:36 AM

We need to get Amazon to start selling these things. The shipping would be half what we pay now, maybe less.
Amazon Prime kicks butt.

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

My compARF F4U shipping (2 boxes)was 276.00 . It's most likely it a big ***** box ; they are at a premium price from the forwarding company .Just look at what the USPS charges their prices have doubled since last year .( VHS cartage sized box started out at 1.95 now its 5.75 ....

Joe

invert0914 02-18-2014 06:27 AM

Any update?

Primi 03-09-2014 04:43 AM

Guys,
I just got one of these beginning this year and started to build it, as it is with most ARF models this is only semi scale and will get me reasonable fast into the air. The kit arrived from Austar Models in good condition nothing broken and the parts were nicely made and painted.

Primi 03-28-2014 05:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here some pictures from the air frame, mine is the top blue and bottom grey version, so far all looked good except the fibre glass middle section was a full blue top and bottom which was not matching!
Austra send me the original part as the one I received should be the replacement for the for the original as it was wrongly molded. It was actually 5mm thicker then it should be!
OK, now I had two wing middle sections one was good but wrong colour the other was right colour but not solid glued! At the end I had to paint the bottom anyway therefore not a problem for me Austar also payed for the paint.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1982238 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1982242