RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   TOP FLIGHT GIANT P51 GROUND HANDLING ISSUE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/10966879-top-flight-giant-p51-ground-handling-issue.html)

AFTERBURNER1 02-27-2012 10:06 AM

RE: TOP FLIGHT GIANT P51 GROUND HANDLING ISSUE

That flight was Saturday. On Sunday I replaced the AR9100 rx with a 12ch JR1221 rx which enabled me to have the tail wheel on its own channel. Reduced the tail wheel throw by 50% and took 25% out of the full flap setting and presto!!! 7 straight roll outs!!!! Stock Sierra hard tires set straight. No in or out toe. Ha ha,,, I win Mustang,,, I win!!!:D

larry@coyotenet 02-27-2012 10:13 AM

That's right. Ron's P51 has had one good landing out of two! :D Smile Ron.
Larry

Ron101 02-27-2012 10:19 AM

Ha Ha
Hey I've had two good landings... then was grounded for the castle ice recall

but I'm back in business and going to let her rip very in the next couple weekends... time to get some airtime on this baby

Glad you got yours sorted out Doug! hell I'll try the same and slap the hard wheels back on it.... they look nice

little less flap, little less throw and maybe I'll up my expo a tad

captainron 02-27-2012 12:49 PM

Hey Ron101, Larry's not talking about you..............He was tawkin to me.......Captain Ron.........:D He was doing his best to get back at me for questioning his expertise in the world of landing Giant Scale Airplanes.

Now, in his defense, he does have two of the easiest GS scale Warbirds there is to land...............TP GS P-47, lands itself............and a TP GS Corsair, usually lands it with the gear up anyway so doesn't have much of a roll out!!![sm=lol.gif]

So, AFTERBURNER1......SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GETTING IT MY MAN.............GOOD ON YA!!!

LOVE THIS STUFF.................JUST MY TWO CENTS.

CAPTAIN RON

captainron 02-28-2012 07:43 AM

Hey Larry Coyote.............

It's suppose to be in the 60's this weekend and only light breezes...........THINK MAYBE YOU COULD CHARGE SOMETHING UP BESIDES YOUR BLOW UP GIRLFRIEND AND GO FLY WITH ME?

JUST ASKING....................[sm=lol.gif]

fytrjok 02-28-2012 12:21 PM

If I was Larry, I'd probably load live rounds into my plane!;)

AFTERBURNER1 02-28-2012 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: captainron

Hey Larry Coyote.............

It's suppose to be in the 60's this weekend and only light breezes...........THINK MAYBE YOU COULD CHARGE SOMETHING UP BESIDES YOUR BLOW UP GIRLFRIEND AND GO FLY WITH ME?

JUST ASKING....................[sm=lol.gif]

Ha ha,,,, I don't even know him and that's funny!!!!!!! :D

larry@coyotenet 02-28-2012 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll tell you what Capt.Ron. You bring your autopilot (see picture) and I'll bring my girlfriend and we'll go flying Sunday!:D Capt.Ron and I both belong to the same club and are part of a warbird group we call "The Birds of Prey" Here's a picture of our field being prepared for our annual Labor Day event.
Larry

MX240 02-28-2012 02:24 PM

The picture of the field was what I was looking for as our club (The Platte Valley Giants) are making plans to visit you the last of August.
Please send me a e-mail about your location and event.
Years ago I had a cousin that was a county judge in that town.

captainron 02-28-2012 03:21 PM

Hey, MX240
check your email..........Our Warbirds over Pueblo will be as always on Labor Day weekend......Sept 1st and 2nd. Directions to our field is on our website......... skycorralrcclub.com

If ya like the IMAA Big Bird events, we have our Big Birds on the last weekend of August. It's also a great two event capped off with a great barbeque at one of the member's house..........

CAPTAIN RON

JL1 02-28-2012 03:38 PM

Can we get this thread back on track please ? I am interested in all of the opinions on the "51" tracking issue.

MX240 02-28-2012 06:35 PM

Man this has been cussed and descussed.......... I was just checking my year old Mustang this afternoon and saw that I did away with the pull-pull and ran a solid wire down one of those plastic tubes to a ball link to a new arm...on the right side of the tail wheel. I remember last summer the old arm that came with the kit didn't last very long.

Starting another 51 just for a spare last week....just in case I need it this summer.....ha-ha

teamscalepilot 02-29-2012 12:23 PM

I have enjoyed this thread read!! The Mustang to be wheel landed, lots of expo on the rudder. flaps up ASAP. AND DON'T FLY the P-51 with your feet flat on the FLOOR!! I will upload a picture of My STANG

captainron 03-02-2012 03:00 PM

Hey JL1,

Since we got this forum back on track, it's been a real winner..................THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

JL1 03-03-2012 05:22 AM

Captainron, think nothing of it, always glad to help:eek: