RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Is Pica going out of business? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/1990939-pica-going-out-business.html)

Moggy 10-21-2004 11:00 PM

RE: Is Pica going out of business?

Art

Hooah, De Opresso Liber! Co B 11th SFG (Abn). Checks in the mail, no winds on the DZ and the unions put Pica out of business.

GrnBrt 10-21-2004 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Moggy

Art

Hooah, De Opresso Liber! Co B 11th SFG (Abn). Checks in the mail, no winds on the DZ and the unions put Pica out of business.
Hey Moggy, 5th Grp, 173rd ABN, 1st Mike force, A-125 (spec ops) Project Delta (sniper) callsign Assassin. HOOAH!!!!!! Check the LZ were coming in hot and fast!!!!!

Spitfire7856 10-22-2004 05:50 AM

I live in SE Fla and a couple of months ago I went to the factory ( something I did often) to pick up some plastic for the !/5 Spit I am working on, to my surprise I was told they had relocated to South America. I sent an email through the website I was able to get what I needed. In and email from Monte, he told me Jon ( the General Manager) was in South America setting up the plant.
I am going to send Monte an email suggesting he get on this website and post a thread letting everyone know whats going on.
Regards
A3

scottrc 10-22-2004 07:42 AM

So there is still a possibility that PICA may be going back into business?

Spitfire7856 10-22-2004 12:44 PM

AN UPDATE!!
Sent Monte an Email this morning asking how things were going and suggested that he post a thread on this website to stop the rumor mill. He responed with some good news. The company was just sold and normal operations will resume. We should see announcements in the magazines in the near future.
Happy and safe flying to all---SPITFIRES FOREVER

A3

FW190 Dave 10-22-2004 04:17 PM

That is good news.:D

hattend 10-22-2004 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Spitfire7856

AN UPDATE!!
Sent Monte an Email this morning asking how things were going and suggested that he post a thread on this website to stop the rumor mill. He responed with some good news. The company was just sold and normal operations will resume. We should see announcements in the magazines in the near future.
Happy and safe flying to all---SPITFIRES FOREVER

A3
"Normal operations" as in kits from Florida or ARFs from South America?

Don

GrnBrt 10-22-2004 06:43 PM

I hope it's kits and not ARF's as I love the PICA kits. EEIIIIIWWWWEEEEEE on ARF's![:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

Moggy 10-22-2004 08:49 PM

Art

You mean Barf's?

GrnBrt 10-22-2004 09:23 PM

I stand corrected!!!!

BARF'S!!!!!

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

Larry S 11-21-2004 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, finished the Corsair and it came out great. With all the BS going on in here, we sure got off the pace. Between building a Top Flite FW 190 and a Pica Corsair, there was no comparison, the pica was a better kit to build. Oil coolers in wings are from a Top Flite kit. Panel lines are of my creation, not to scale or meant to be, just looks. Larry

tigertooth 11-21-2004 11:58 PM

Larry, The Corsair looks great! What type of covering and paint did you use?[8D] Also, thanks for the Pica update !

Condor 11-22-2004 09:30 PM

Moggy??? There can only be one Moggy, I can't believe two people would wind up with that handle! [8D] Are you the guy we all used to pester about technical glitches (and those cheating cz[>:]) in Air Warrior?

Cóndor - Lt Col DoW

rc34074 11-23-2004 08:08 AM

hey condor- i am another ex airwarrior pilot - used to fly in the winters as rc3. are you on another game now?

ed

Larry S 11-23-2004 09:52 PM

Tigertooth, I used 3/4 ounce fiberglass cloth with West Systems epoxy and slow hardner. I sealed that with Krylon primer/sealer. They say not to thin the sealer but I did, but only a very little to get it to spread out better. After sanding with 320 and 400 paper, I painted it with Perfect paint, laid down the decals and 1/16 trim tape (panel lines) then clear coated it with Nelson's dead flat clear. Larry

PS I found Sheldon's to have pica kits in stock so I ordered a Pica FW 190. Hope it goes together as good as the Corsair.

rye 02-03-2005 08:42 PM

HI HAS ANY ONE HEAR IF THERE BACK IN BUSSINESS YET I LOOK FOR THERE BI=PLANE KIT THANKS RYE

hattend 02-03-2005 08:54 PM

I wouldn't count on them coming back unless somebody buys the rights. PICA is done and gone. Check ebay and RCU for kits from now on.

Don

flyhard2 02-04-2005 07:47 AM

Hi, I emailed Pica about instructions for a 1/12 scale corsair Monte says can't help me right now, they are moving. Anyone have instructions for a RC30 Corsair kit? I have the cad drawings.

Larry

Larry S 02-04-2005 08:38 AM

Larry, did they say they were going back in to production? LarryS

flyhard2 02-04-2005 08:46 AM

LarryS, He said they sold the business and the new owners would be in business in the near future. So unless someone else has the instructions for a RC30 kit I might have to wing it which I don't see that happening.

Larry

flyhard2 02-05-2005 09:05 AM

Just an update, Monte says the new owners will keep the same M.O. and add some new kits. We will have to be patient for a few weeks.

Larry

tailskid 02-05-2005 01:51 PM

Flyhard2, any updates on the new company?

Jerry

flyhard2 02-05-2005 03:05 PM

Tailskid,

He told me the new company will be opening in the near future. Don't know exactly what that means. They plan on selling the same kits as before and a few more, what those are I don't know. If I hear any more I'll let everyone know.

Larry

Spitfire7856 02-05-2005 04:42 PM

Thats good news- My last email to Monte about a month ago went unanswered- I was giving up hope !!

Regards
A3

Wulf 03-02-2005 06:20 PM

I agree with FW190DAVE-- whole heartedly !!!!!!!!!---I`ve been a Union Member for 25 years in this West MI community and believe me the Unions up here UAW have NO power whatsoever--The companies do as they wish or Threaten to move--Maybe the Big Auto Unions can still excert the`re power but, in the small towns the small group Unions are powerless..............--