RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   AIRPLANES STOLEN (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/4554456-airplanes-stolen.html)

Peter_OZ 08-01-2006 05:12 AM

RE: AIRPLANES STOLEN

hehehe

can just imagine it . . . " Hey campadre we is gunna havena an offer you canna refuse! " [:-]

wulf190 08-01-2006 08:27 AM

Jim, my heart's with you man, and you've got a pair of eye's local to the St. Charles sight in me around Joliet area. I've seen guys get their stuff back a few times now online here from vigilante fellows here at RCU helping out...There's limited outlets for something like these...especially the airframe as it's a unique plane. The RC world is so tight knit, especially the warbird guys, that with proper illustration of this through the thread, you've got a fighting chance. Hang in there man. It's like losing a small part of yourself in something like that, so hopefully we can help ya' out through everyone's efforts here.

Mike

rcflyerfl 08-12-2006 05:53 AM

Hi Guys I thought I would have some good news but it didn't turn out like I thought.. Anyway here is the latest.

Some good folks in the Jackson, MI. Club spotted my plane flying at there field by person that frequents the field. Then it run a bell and the called me and requested a picture. Called me back and said same plane.. Told said person that if he does call me and make arrangements to get it back to me they would call me and tell me his name.. I did get the call from him but it was all a ploy to get out of Dodge.
I have always wondered if the guy who stole stuff at Joe Nall who was from Micchigan and this guy was the same.. Guess what .. He is.

Name: Rodney "Butch" Collier Jackson, Michigan area. dob.. 10/20/46 no vaild driving liesence, no vehicale restistered in his name. Last seen driving a Teal Blue Chevy Astro Van. Saids he ws heading to Higgins Lake for a week. That was Aug 11th. This guy also had or talked about a Cap 232 and had 2 Futaba 9-C tx for sale. He has lots of stuf for sale.. Does go to Florida in Winter.
Rodney is about 210, 220#, Beard Stocky build. He is wanted by Michigan Police on other charges . Call Michigan State Police at 517-780-4580 Patroleman Rothman was the gentleman I have contacted.

I know there is some questions as to why the Jackson Club didn't call Police but this guy had them covered in SNOW.

Thanks, Now lets get this SOB

da Rock 08-12-2006 06:13 AM

OK, it sounds like more info would be helpful now. You said the guy took what? 4 airplanes and some equipment?

Pictures are better for spotting stolen stuff. Got any pictures of any of the other 4 airplanes? And most of us probably don't know what Teal looks like, so maybe a picture of that type/color/year/whatever van would help.

The thief obviously isn't shy about going where modelers are with his stolen stuff. So if you could help some with pictures us modelers could keep a better lookout.

Any idea what color beard Rodney "Butch" Collier is wearing? and how tall he might be?

rcflyerfl 08-12-2006 08:50 AM

Lastest News:

Michigan State Police just called me at 9:30 my time. and have said they are on there way to recover Stolen Airplanes and other RC related stuff and will call me back.. Good work Jackson Club, Michigan State Police and all you nice folks. I plan on going to Michigan later this month to thanks all of you.

Thanks,
Jim

stuka 08-12-2006 08:52 AM

This guy should of been prosecuted at Joe Nall when he was arrested there.I heard that no charges were filed against him.I cannot confirm this but this is what I was told.

Bass1 08-12-2006 12:06 PM

Did they get "Butch" in the process of recovering the goods??

rt3232 08-12-2006 01:09 PM

Great to hear you are getting you stuff back, and I hope the state of MI put him away till his hands heal as I would cut off both thumbs and frist fingers

Good luck

rcflyerfl 08-12-2006 07:19 PM

Butch is in Jail and is confessing to other theifs. Like a Jet at Winamac.. Tim the person it belongs to was here in Muncie so we contacted him. To me it looks like Illinois will be prosacuting him. The St Charles, IL Police Dept. and the Michigan State police have been working on this and doing a good job.
Jim

da Rock 08-12-2006 09:14 PM

Yes, but it's the DA's office and the court system that needs to finish the job.

Let's hope the court doesn't decide he was only stealing toys and that he really wasn't a real bad guy. Courts have a way of blowing off all the good work the police do.

blikseme300 08-13-2006 08:27 AM

Is there a way to get hold of his picture? That way we can post it and make others aware.

Safe Flying!

Sturtz 08-13-2006 09:07 AM

Let's have a photo of him. Then we can all be on the lookout for him when he moves his theft factory elsewhere.

rcflyerfl 08-13-2006 11:22 AM

Maybe I can get the Jackson, MI club or the Jackson Police to send a mug shot.. My thoughts for sure..
Jim

Prop Nut 08-13-2006 07:59 PM

Hey Jim, a buddy of yours from down there was up here flying with us for a few days. (Greenville MI). He was telling your story when I realized that I had already read it here. Small world. Good to hear that it worked out for you. I feel silly but I can not remember his name. I think it was also Jim. He spent a few weeks up here in his HUGE pusher motorhome and then was heading for the helicopter fly-in at Muncie. Great guy.

RCNCMAN 08-13-2006 08:13 PM

My tent was within 150 feet of this man's vehicle at the Nall. This guy was taken to jail and spent the night there as I remember. He came back early the next morning and left in the same van I think. The sherriff's department in the county that Woodruff SC is in might have some info.

rcflyerfl 08-13-2006 08:13 PM

Prop Nut,

Jack Sears is parked right next to me here at Muncie.. Maybe he will get online and say Hi.

Jim

clouddancer120 08-13-2006 09:29 PM

HI Propnut, thanks for the comment, I had a great time with you guys last week. by the way I talked to Ken tonight and he told me his son used to fly with the Jackson group and is going to follow up with him to see if he might remember the guy. Its a small world out their in Rc Land. Jack

The Raven 08-14-2006 05:12 AM

ORIGINAL: rcflyerfl

Lastest News:

Michigan State Police just called me at 9:30 my time. and have said they are on there way to recover Stolen Airplanes and other RC related stuff and will call me back.. Good work Jackson Club, Michigan State Police and all you nice folks. I plan on going to Michigan later this month to thanks all of you.

Thanks,
Jim

I hope it all turns out well for you and that nothing is damaged or missing.

While I do not approve of theft I can appreciate it for people in dire straits BUT stealing R/C aircraft for your own flying benefit hardly has zero justification.

Hope you get it all back, as well as the others that suffered at this idiots hands, and that the theif gets his just rewards.

Find out what you can do to assist the police, often victims are not approached for testimony during a trial. Perhaps if you offered the police would like that, it could help with a firm conviction.

OldScaleGuy 08-14-2006 05:18 AM

This is great news. Glad to hear he has been arrested. Hopefully he will spend a good long time in jail. Makes me wonder how much other stuff he has stolen and has not been published on one of the RC sites.........

LuftwaffeOberst 08-14-2006 06:37 AM

I'm so glad you got your stuff back!:D Good work on behalf of the State Police, Hmmm... wonder what the tip was to catch this thief? I hope you got everything back in one piece, many times if we get our stuff back, it's all apart... you have to keep your eyes on your planes at all times! When I walk around to look at other "Works of Art", I have my wife or a close friend keep an eye out on my planes. I usually treat them to a dinner for there help.

Peter Doiwling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 56404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY

Peter_OZ 08-14-2006 06:41 AM

sounds as though this type of thing is common, man what is the world coming to? [:o][&o]

rcflyerfl 08-14-2006 12:29 PM

Hi Guys,
Like I said, Airplanes are recovered, but not sure when we will get the evidence back..

Jim

KojakDave 08-15-2006 08:24 AM

Congratulations! And kudos to the guys up there on the good job. If the process is anything like it is down here, once the evidence has been positively identified, processed and documented (photographed, etc.) it should be available for pick-up. Good luck!

Dave

excaliber 08-17-2006 12:55 PM

Stuka, He pleaded guilty in SC got some time. Complainants did not prosecute. (thats 1)
So he did it again (thats 2)
rcflyerfl, now its your turn along with the rest who had stuff stolen.
If you and the rest DON'T PROSECUTE, then be thankful for the Jackson Club for getting him caught and your stuff back.
He is up on felony charges.
Talk is cheap, do something this time.

rcflyerfl 08-17-2006 06:19 PM

I am doing whatever I have to do ..I have been told that the IL. Police department is trying to build a case to take to the State or local prosecutor..
We cannot do anything until he has his case.. In the meantime we are without our airplanes. I do hear from members in IL. every once in a while, sorta keeping me informed. I think IL. has the airplanes or will be getting them soon.
Jim