RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Lado retracts, do the really exist? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/8425919-lado-retracts-do-really-exist.html)

mimoore67 04-24-2009 10:42 AM

RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Larry, I understand how upset you are and I would be too, but unfortunately your in a waiting game, that will hopefully be resolved. I've been your situation before.

Larry3215 04-24-2009 11:09 AM

It occurs to me that maybe I should apologize to some of you guys.

I am upset along with many many others - but perhaps I should be limiting my anger for Doug and not blasting back at you guys.

It's just that I am getting really really REALLY tired of being told its MY fault for being in this situation or its MY fault because Im angry and its MY fault for not having enough patience and its MY fault for giving out my CC # too soon or its MY fault for not canceling the order and moving on or its MY fault because Doug is such a nice guy and he is such an under dog and poor Doug, please give HIM a break.

Sorry, Im not nearly that much of a saint and Im not that much of a door mat.

Lie to me once, I'll cut you some slack. Lie to me 3 times and now Im getting pissed but you get another chance. How about 4 times? 6 times?

I'll say it one more time - its NOT the waiting that tips us over into out rite anger - its the lies on top of lies and filling later orders ahead of earlier orders while your still waiting and still being lied too.

Ok, Im done. Rant over. I wont repeat myself again.

Dick T. 04-24-2009 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Larry3215

ORIGINAL: mimoore67

I spoke to Doug, and I have learned from experience many times with smaller vendors, to call, ask if a item is in stock, when it will be shipped and then decide to pay. I too want these retracts as they seem to a great alternative to mechanical and the pneumatics, just plug and go. Don't give a vendor your money until they verbally tell you they are in stock. I know some of you have been told that the retracts were done and ready to be shipped, I hope that this was an error in communication and nothing else, but hopefully Lado-Tech will deliver in the end. People don't give out your credit card numbers for items that aren't in stock!
You need to re-read my earlier posts and those of the other upset guys.

Most all of us DID speak to Doug before ordering. I placed my order by phone. PRIOR to giving him my credit card - I was assured they would ship "later this week".

We were ALL lied to - to our faces or by e-mail over and over and over and over again.

In my case - seven times in a row.

Other guys for over a year.

I told you above and others have said the same thing - when you talk to Doug on the phone you just know he is trust worthy. Thats the way he comes across.

Dont believe it.

This is not a simple mis communication.

Its a habit. Its his standard business practice. Its how he operates.

Doug lies to his customers.

Period.
Early on before these issues arose, I chose to not order based on two similar issues; failure to respond to email requests about stock status and failure to reply to a PM here in RCU. Those failures painted an unfavorable picture so I moved on. It appears my choice proved correct.

There have been times in my two businesses (custom decals and graphic design-publishing) where unforseen circumstances have caused delivery delays or my cancelling orders. The difference here is I accept no up front money from clients....payment on delivery only. Been doing business for fifteen years this way, no regrets, and operate on money already earned.

Those of you who prepaid and have not challenged your credit card, paypal or money order are enabling poor business practices and will loose, or already have lost, your money.

bigtim 04-24-2009 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Dick T.

I spoke to Doug, and I have learned from experience many times with smaller vendors, to call, ask if a item is in stock, when it will be shipped and then decide to pay. I too want these retracts as they seem to a great alternative to mechanical and the pneumatics, just plug and go. Don't give a vendor your money until they verbally tell you they are in stock. I know some of you have been told that the retracts were done and ready to be shipped, I hope that this was an error in communication and nothing else, but hopefully Lado-Tech will deliver in the end. People don't give out your credit card numbers for items that aren't in stock!

Most all of us DID speak to Doug before ordering. I placed my order by phone. PRIOR to giving him my credit card - I was assured they would ship "later this week".

We were ALL lied to - to our faces or by e-mail over and over and over and over again.

I told you above and others have said the same thing - when you talk to Doug on the phone you just know he is trust worthy. Thats the way he comes across.

Dont believe it.

Period.
Early on before these issues arose, I chose to not order based on two similar issues; failure to respond to email requests about stock status and failure to reply to a PM here in RCU. Those failures painted an unfavorable picture so I moved on. It appears my choice proved correct.

There have been times in my two businesses (custom decals and graphic design-publishing) where unforseen circumstances have caused delivery delays or my cancelling orders. The difference here is I accept no up front money from clients....payment on delivery only. Been doing business for fifteen years this way, no regrets, and operate on money already earned.

Those of you who prepaid and have not challenged your credit card, paypal or money order are enabling poor business practices and will loose, or already have lost, your money.
that being said I have ordered 3 of the gear sets 2 I have in hand and a 3rd is in the ordering pipeline coming up on 2 months, am I worried I will get ripped off no not really.

I have not been ripped off by doug, your buisness practices are yours to chose Dick, but to declare that his company will steal your money without any proof is a bit out of line,has there been some problems with orders going long certanly there has, by the few of the complaints leveled here, there is definatly some growing pains there company is having, and not having the ability to keep up with orders is part of that.

should they not charge untill shipping, probably would be a good idea,or use a deposit type system, order a set of any other custom gear and you pay up front, would it stop the wineing about slow delivery probably not .

I think the thing that buggs me about your post Dick is you haven't even ordered a set of the gear so why complain about something you have no vested interest in,no money spent nothing to complain about, other than to criticise another company and promote your own with your posts.

a word to the unhappy if your order is so late or not delivered call them up and cancel the order, if enough do this there might be a change in a few of the policies that they have, or better yet there will be less gear to build and mine will get delivered faster.

my email has been a bit slow to be returned, but my phone messages have been returned within a couple of days on any enquiries, mater of fact I just talked to lenia yesterday about my order with a update they should be here in a couple of weeks.

Dick T. 04-24-2009 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: bigtim

Dont believe it.

Period.

that being said I have ordered 3 of the gear sets 2 I have in hand and a 3rd is in the ordering pipeline coming up on 2 months, am I worried I will get ripped off no not really.

I have not been ripped off by doug, your buisness practices are yours to chose Dick, but to declare that his company will steal your money without any proof is a bit out of line,has there been some problems with orders going long certanly there has, by the few of the complaints leveled here, there is definatly some growing pains there company is having, and not having the ability to keep up with orders is part of that.

should they not charge untill shipping, probably would be a good idea,or use a deposit type system, order a set of any other custom gear and you pay up front, would it stop the wineing about slow delivery probably not .

I think the thing that buggs me about your post Dick is you haven't even ordered a set of the gear so why complain about something you have no vested interest in,no money spent nothing to complain about, other than to criticise another company and promote your own with your posts.

a word to the unhappy if your order is so late or not delivered call them up and cancel the order, if enough do this there might be a change in a few of the policies that they have, or better yet there will be less gear to build and mine will get delivered faster.

my email has been a bit slow to be returned, but my phone messages have been returned within a couple of days on any enquiries, mater of fact I just talked to lenia yesterday about my order with a update they should be here in a couple of weeks.

Not promoting my business at all. This is an open forum where comments and experiences enlighten others so they can make informed choices.

True I have no vested interest. Just pointing out an area where their business practices need polish before they are taken to task legally.

By the way, online vendors and merchants aren't supposed to charge your card until ready to ship. Charging, then not doing so is fraud according to CC companies.

Personally I don't really care but the issues in this thread may save some buyers and the seller some headaches.

dhal22 04-25-2009 06:46 AM

dick, i have run my 15 year old business exactly as you do. i refuse to take money until it has been earned. i have never run into problems that way. actually that is a good point. i wonder (actually i know) how hard it is for this retract maker to motivate himself to build when he's already spent the money. not a good way to do business imho.

vertical grimmace 04-25-2009 12:11 PM

This whole thing reminds me of the Xtreme link 2.4 radio modules. I hate to say it, but this is a great idea, I just hiope a big manufacturer can pick up on it so these units will really be available. It seems to me that capital is the biggest problem with these companies. They need to get some real stock before taking orders.
I am very interested in getting a unit like this that would work in a larger warbird, 90" 50cc size. Those would be very popular. I hope they can become truly avialable.

KentuckyColonel 04-25-2009 01:32 PM

The do, indeed exist! [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jxr4XAWaQA]Here are mine[/link]. Expensive, but worth the money.

jbdismukes 04-25-2009 02:41 PM

I've had a trike gear retro fit kit on order since October 3, 2008. Several contacts, always something to cause delays. Thursday afternoon, I called and talked to Doug. A death in the family has held things up. I mentioned I was concidering a set of 60-6's and he said he had 8 sets on the shelf, ready to go. I ordered a set as we talked. Less than an hour later, I got an email that the status had been changed from "Order Received" to "Order Shipped". That evening, I received an email from Doug, stating, "Jack,

Those actuator kit are start to ship out as we finish the final testing on them. Things are moving slow since it’s a new product, we are not proficient yet with them. I have 3 people in front of you and yours will ship.

The 60-6 will go out right away, I have those ready and in stock. So it would either ship before at the same time.

Thanks,
Doug"

The 60-6's arrived in this mornings mail. and they are beauts. So I'll resume my "Jug" build while he gets the retro kit tested and shipped.

They still have their start-up problems, but, if you are willing to wait, the product sure is worth it.

vertical grimmace 04-25-2009 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: KentuckyColonel

The do, indeed exist! [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jxr4XAWaQA]Here are mine[/link]. Expensive, but worth the money.
They have units that will fit in 1\5th scale warbirds? The only units that I have seen are for 60-90 size aircraft (that seem to only be partially available!)

bigtim 04-25-2009 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: KentuckyColonel

They have units that will fit in 1\5th scale warbirds? The only units that I have seen are for 60-90 size aircraft (that seem to only be partially available!)
they have the actuators that are compatable with larger retracts sizes, so you can retrofit the gear to electric they replace the air piston. http://www.lado-tech.net/products.php?cat=7

vertical grimmace 04-25-2009 06:17 PM

So what are the 70 series retracts? Are they going to be bigger? I would like to be able to get the whole retract unit without having to modify robart.

mimoore67 04-25-2009 06:22 PM

Doug told me the 70 Series would be for larger models and be drilled out to accept struts.

Dick T. 04-25-2009 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: dhal22

dick, i have run my 15 year old business exactly as you do. i refuse to take money until it has been earned. i have never run into problems that way. actually that is a good point. i wonder (actually i know) how hard it is for this retract maker to motivate himself to build when he's already spent the money. not a good way to do business imho.
Thanks David. Some folks think running a business on earned money rather than front money is stupid!

Works for me and I never have to look over my shoulder plus I sleep well at night.

phatbob02 04-26-2009 05:09 AM

Hey Guys!!!! You snooze you lose !!!!!

There's a set of 60-2's on the classifieds right now!!!

I have four sets so I'm passing on these.

Great price !!!!!!!

ITEM 508478: LADO Precision Electric 60-2 Rotating Retract

Smackdown 05-15-2009 06:57 PM

I had 3 of the LADO retracts go bad. Doug told me they should work fine on my 6.6 volt A123 battery (he said they should be good to 7 volts). Well, they fried. Doug said send them back for free repair or replacement. Took 2 months to get back here, and several times he assured me they had shipped, but nothing.
Now, I have to hand it to this guy, he really stood behind his product, even though it took a while. I had even offered to pay for the repairs/replacement but he insisted on free service. Doug had every right to stiff me, and many companies would. (He couldn't figure out what went wrong either). I guess what bothers me about Doug is that sometimes I think he just tells me what I want to hear. Because he hates to relay bad news ? I prefer the cold, hard truth, even when it hurts. Like, "hey Mack, it ain't gonna ship for another month". Maybe I'm wrong, in which case his "shipping department " must be totally screwed up:)
In any case, these are great retracts, and I appreciate that somebody - Doug - took the risk of research/marketing/financing this great product.

P.S. I will buy from him againwho can't help but like the guy, but I won't believe a word he says concerning shipping dates. I'll believe it when I see it.

Smackdown

adwb 05-20-2009 12:28 PM

<div id="post_message_604649">Has anyone recently had a delivery from lado?? i placed my order and paid in full in Feb 09 and to date have had no reply or information from lado to numerous emails and phone messages.
Advice from others, albeit well meaning ,to fit a air system and fit the lados to another project are all very well but I am a pensioner with little spare cash . If I don't get a reply or the goods by the end of this month I will report Lado to both Visa and Mastercard as a fraudulent organisation, and will instruct my credit card company to start procedings to recover my payment with interest.
If it was not for the fact that I live in the UK I would by now have instructed a legal action by a lawyer.
Alistair lado order # 835</div><! / message >

GaGeeBees 05-20-2009 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: adwb

<div id="post_message_604649">Has anyone recently had a delivery from lado?? i placed my order and paid in full in Feb 09 and to date have had no reply or information from lado to numerous emails and phone messages.
Advice from others, albeit well meaning ,to fit a air system and fit the lados to another project are all very well but I am a pensioner with little spare cash . If I don't get a reply or the goods by the end of this month I will report Lado to both Visa and Mastercard as a fraudulent organisation, and will instruct my credit card company to start procedings to recover my payment with interest.
If it was not for the fact that I live in the UK I would by now have instructed a legal action by a lawyer.
Alistair lado order # 835</div><! messag>
Checked stock directly with Doug on 4/15 and he confirmed availability. Placed the order that day and received on 5/2. Calling Lado-Tech a fraudulent organization is inaccurate even though I know from personal experience how frustrated you are. I waited over five months for my first order. I'm sure Doug will cheerfully refund your money without your needing to resort to litigation. He offered me a refund without my even asking. I didn't want a refund, I wanted the product. So... I waited. Again, I understand your feeling the way you do. I lost nearly 1/2 a year of flying my Beech Staggerwing while waiting. Not my idea of a good time. Give Doug a call and let him know what you want to do.

Dick T. 05-20-2009 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: GaGeeBees

Checked stock directly with Doug on 4/15 and he confirmed availability. Placed the order that day and received on 5/2. <span style="color: #0000ff">Calling Lado-Tech a fraudulent organization is inaccurate even though I know from personal experience how frustrated you are</span><span style="color: #008080">. </span>I waited over five months for my first order. I'm sure Doug will cheerfully refund your money without your needing to resort to litigation. He offered me a refund without my even asking. I didn't want a refund, I wanted the product. So... I waited. Again, I understand your feeling the way you do. I lost nearly 1/2 a year of flying my Beech Staggerwing while waiting. Not my idea of a good time. Give Doug a call and let him know what you want to do.
<span style="color: #3366ff">Technically credit card fraud is accuratedue tothe account being charged for a non in stock itemor long before product is shipped.</span>

Based on your recent experience it again illustrates they ship product willy-nilly and totally disregard long standing older orders. I can understand it's occurance for a variety of reasons but not while sitting on a customer's money.

ADWB, I suggest you do take it up with your credit card company and get the charge reversed. These folks aren't learning anything about proper business practices when everyone keeps giving them a free pass.

adwb 05-21-2009 01:53 AM

Alistair lado order # 835 </div><div>If you have read this elsewhere my apologies, I have posted this as awaring to any potential lado customer.</div><! / message >

GaGeeBees 05-21-2009 05:57 PM

Checked stock directly with Doug on 4/15 and he confirmed availability. Placed the order that day and received on 5/2. <span style="color: #0000ff">Calling Lado-Tech a fraudulent organization is inaccurate even though I know from personal experience how frustrated you are</span><span style="color: #008080">. </span>I waited over five months for my first order. I'm sure Doug will cheerfully refund your money without your needing to resort to litigation. He offered me a refund without my even asking. I didn't want a refund, I wanted the product. So... I waited. Again, I understand your feeling the way you do. I lost nearly 1/2 a year of flying my Beech Staggerwing while waiting. Not my idea of a good time. Give Doug a call and let him know what you want to do.
<span style="color: #3366ff">Technically credit card fraud is accuratedue tothe account being charged for a non in stock itemor long before product is shipped.</span>

Based on your recent experience it again illustrates they ship product willy-nilly and totally disregard long standing older orders. I can understand it's occurance for a variety of reasons but not while sitting on a customer's money.

ADWB, I suggest you do take it up with your credit card company and get the charge reversed. These folks aren't learning anything about proper business practices when everyone keeps giving them a free pass.
Again comments from someone who has no direct experience with this company (and who seems to have some sort of agenda that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread). We can simply choose to agree to disagree on whether or not Lado-Tech's business practice meets the legal definition of fraud. The fact remains that a simple phone call to Lado-Tech will result in a swift and cheerful refund. That's much cheaper than hiring a lawyer and that's the point I was making.

e30pq 05-21-2009 07:44 PM

My Lado's shipped today (601's).  They shipped 3 weeks after my order.<div>
</div><div>So far I'm happy with my experience with this company.</div>

Dick T. 05-21-2009 11:02 PM

Again comments from someone who has no direct experience with this company (and who seems to have some sort of agenda that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread). We can simply choose to agree to disagree on whether or not Lado-Tech's business practice meets the legal definition of fraud. The fact remains that a simple phone call to Lado-Tech will result in a swift and cheerful refund. That's much cheaper than hiring a lawyer and that's the point I was making.
Only agenda I have is to continue alerting folks to potential problems withan inexperienced andobvious uncaring vendor.

It is shamefulforthose who placed and received orders quicklyto notgive asquat about the fellows who paidmonths agoand are left hanging.

I guess it is a case of' "I got mine, too bad for you."

It is pretty lame tosay getting screwed, thusgaining "direct experience,"is the qualificationto comment onshoddy business practices.

A telephone call toa credit card company concerning mail order policies may enlightensometothedefinition of credit card-mail order fraud. But let's not confuse the forum thread with facts or be concerned for unfortunatefellow modelers being taken for a ride.

So to those whohave waited months after sending money, get off your thumbs and do something about it. Otherwise the sweet talking owner is going to burn someone else because no one is enforcing accountability.

Larry3215 05-21-2009 11:59 PM

Only agenda I have is to continue alerting folks to potential problems withan inexperienced andobvious uncaring vendor.

It is shamefulforthose who placed and received orders quicklyto notgive asquat about the fellows who paidmonths agoand are left hanging.

It is pretty lame tosay getting screwed, thusgaining "direct experience,"is the qualificationto comment onshoddy business practices.

A telephone call toa credit card company concerning mail order policies may enlightensometothedefinition of credit card-mail order fraud. But let's not confuse the forum thread with facts or be concerned for unfortunatefellow modelers being taken for a ride.

So to those whohave waited months after sending money, get off your thumbs and do something about it. Otherwise the sweet talking owner is going to burn someone else because no one is enforcing accountability.
Well, since I AM an owner of Lado's and I am also one of the unhappy customers maybe its ok if I say Iagree with you 100%. I see no problem with your comments. They are germain to the over all issue - which is not getting the products you ordered and being lied to or ignored when you contact Doug about it. Iagree. He needs to be slapped on the wrist at least.

Ihave no idea about the legal aspect of the fraud issue. I work for a company that sells custome built, big ticket items exclusively. We routinely get paid 100% in advance for our product - CC or not. In my industry the customers are the ones you need to worry about so if you dont pay in advance (or have an account), we dont build your stuff. Our lead times run from 3 weeks to as long as 12 weeks between order and delivery.

The CC companies dont seem to have any issue with what we do and our transactions run from a few hundred dollars to as hi as $75,000 at a time. The only limit is the customers credit limit.

My question is - at what point does deliberately and repeatedly lying to your customers about shipments that didnt go out and orders not filled become a crime?

I dont know, but it certainly feels like a crime from the customers view point.

I do know that if enough customers complain to the CC company, or if you break the rules and get caught, its possible for the merchant - Doug in this case - to loose his ability to accept credit cards as payment. At the least his fee structure could be raised substaintially. Thats the fees he pays for each CC transaction.

Maybe that would motivate him to change. Giving him free passes certainly isnt and he has had way more time than he needs to get past the "new company" "growing pains" stage. Neither of which were ever excuses for the lies.

GaGeeBees 05-22-2009 04:01 PM

Facts? Let's talk facts.ADWB askedifanyone hadrecently received a delivery from Lado. I answered with facts including the date of the order and the date received(seeing as howIhave some actualexperience withthe company Icould do that). I also replied with the fact that a simple phone call to the company will result in a refund. I know this fact as well due to actually doing business with them. Another fact is that in no case did I express or imply that I did not care about the other modeler's experience. Infact, I believe I expressedunderstanding for what he is going through since - AGAIN - I've been through it myself with this company. The fact is, it sucked, I didn't enjoy it, I agree that Doug lies; he lied to me on a number of occasions and I've posted all thosefacts with details and dates and cut/pastes of actual emails (gee... more FACTS) on this thread as well. Call the company and you'll get a refund. That doesn't constitutefraud and that's a fact. I'm no fan of Doug and would tell anyone interested of how aggravating dealing with him can be and how dishonest and untrustworthy he is. However I do, and will continue to, take exception topeople "piling on" who have not done business with themor had any first-hand experience and therefore cannot possiblyhave all the facts.