Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

How can i find a local club???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

How can i find a local club???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Wreno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How can i find a local club???

A suggestion (Umi has suggested similar) -

Start by building a transport and making it reliable. This is (relatively speaking) cheap, and gives you an enhanced skill set before you start on an armed ship, and gets you in the battling game.

Then build your warship (by then, you have attended a battle or so, and seen the relative strengths and weaknesses of various designs and can make a more informed decision). Lend the transport to a friend to run (and try to outmaneuver you) while you shoot at him. After a while, he will want to shoot back, and you can help him get started on a warship. Now the two of you can battle between road trips. That is how local clubs get started.

For what it is worth, Brian Furlotte (you can contact him on the BigGunsModelWarship Group forum on Yahoo), sells a very nice fiberglass Liberty ship hull, and, for a pretty reasonable price, will do some of the finish work (water channelling, molded in caprail, pump, cutting the penetration windows, etc. - be sure and ask). This is probably the quickest way to get in the game. Unless you find a ready-built ship come up for sale. But then, they frequently have their own issues.

Good luck, and welcome to the obsession.

Wreno
Old 04-19-2006, 07:30 PM
darkapollo

unfortunately I only have internet access at work and yahoo groups are blocked. Im lucky that this site hasnt caught the eyes of the web-police.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Wreno

Bummer. However, there is still the NTXBG web site and all the web sites listed there to get you started (not that I advise surfing at work, of course). Some groups also have maillists (the NTXBG does) and may let you in, if you request.

Wreno
Old 04-26-2006, 04:00 PM
hobbidude

gosh you guys need a geography lesson. i bet you wouldn't know which way is north with out looking on a map[:-]
Old 04-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

ORIGINAL: hobbidude

gosh you guys need a geography lesson. i bet you wouldn't know which way is north with out looking on a map[:-]

No what we need is more players, and more clubs, ...

Why aren't your boats built yet?!?!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:20 PM
darkapollo

Im still waiting on LoyalHanna to send me my blue prints. its been almost a month. [&o]
Plus Ive been blueprinting some different gun designs for when my hull arrives. Ive been playing the waiting game for a while now. once all of that comes together I should have sea trials late next month early june.