Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

RC Warship Combat in Ohio

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

RC Warship Combat in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 06:14 AM
battleshipbud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Warship Combat in Ohio

Hi there I am new to rc universe and I have seen a couple of the letters here and would like to say that we have a warship comabt group in ohio. We are the Buckeye Battle Squadron. I have built several ships over the last years for rc warship combat. currently useing the USS South Dakota Battleship, my daughter is useing HMAS Austraila Battlecruiser.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Default RE: RC Warship Combat in Ohio

Welcome to the Boards.

Hopefully this will become a great place to share insights on construction, help clubs publicise the sport and help new members locate local clubs.

[8D]
Old 06-28-2006, 08:29 PM
zja08

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you located in Ohio?
Old 07-06-2006, 01:26 AM
battleshipbud

We have members in the Dayton area along with the Newark area and the Mansfield area along with some dwon around Waverly in sothern ohio.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:41 AM
johnmCA72

ORIGINAL: battleshipbud

We have members in the Dayton area along with the Newark area and the Mansfield area along with some dwon around Waverly in sothern ohio.
I'm sure you know Mike Deskin & Jeff Sharp, then. I haven't talked to either in awhile, although I see Jeff active on another board. Mike used to make regular trips through Dallas, hauling auto parts, & delivered a heck of a lot of stuff to help get a fledgling combat club in Texas off the ground. I bought a used Deutschland from Jeff, when I was at a point in my own first construction that I felt like I needed something to look over, & didn't have anybody else around that could help.

JM

Old 07-08-2006, 10:06 PM
zja08

WHERE DO YOU BATTLE? WHEN? ANNY OTHER INFO PLEASE.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:45 AM
johnmCA72

ORIGINAL: zja08

WHERE DO YOU BATTLE? WHEN? ANNY OTHER INFO PLEASE.
Kaufman, TX, every month on the 3rd Saturday. That may change to Sundays, at least sometimes, to accomodate people's schedules.

See: http://www.ntxbg.org

JM

Old 07-09-2006, 08:53 PM
zja08

Sorry, that was in reply to Buckeye Battle Squad. I can not get anny info from annyone at all. I have been trying for a week.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:42 PM
battleshipbud

Hey sorry so late in getting back to you had some computer problems!! We have a one day battle coming up on the 19 in newark ohio. You are welcome to come and check it out. And in reply to the other yes I know Mikey well!! He is one of our founding members, along with eric noble and my self Buddy Friend. We have been able to get a good sized club going. have a South dakota, Yamato, Andrie Doria,Lutsow,Moltke,Bismark,North Caroilna,Richlue,Jean Bart,Tiger,Sharnthost, another South Dakota,New Zealand battle cruiser,Austraila Battlecruiser,Mogami jap cruiser,Vonder Tan, Markgraf, had Jeff Carpente rbuy two of our ships(HMS Renown,USS Newportnews.) If any thing I can do or help give me a shout!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:44 PM
battleshipbud

Hey sorry so late in getting back to you had some computer problems!! We have a one day battle coming up on the 19 in newark ohio. You are welcome to come and check it out. And in reply to the other yes I know Mikey well!! He is one of our founding members, along with eric noble and my self Buddy Friend. We have been able to get a good sized club going. have a South dakota, Yamato, Andrie Doria,Lutsow,Moltke,Bismark,North Caroilna,Richlue,Jean Bart,Tiger,Sharnthost, another South Dakota,New Zealand battle cruiser,Austraila Battlecruiser,Mogami jap cruiser,Vonder Tan, Markgraf, had Jeff Carpente rbuy two of our ships(HMS Renown,USS Newportnews.) If any thing I can do or help give me a shout!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:07 AM
battleshipbud

Hey for any one interested we have a battle in Sept 23 &24 in Newark ohio. Just drop me a line for directions and times.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:34 PM
battleshipbud

Hey guys the dates for the Spet battle in newark ohio have been moved to sept 16&17 for any one interested.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:38 PM
greenseaships

Battleship Bud-

I have started a website completely devoted to R/C models of the Yamato-class battleships. However, I really need help from people like you.

Can you please tell me more about the Yamato you have in your club? Do you have any pictures? I really need to get information on the size of the Yamato, who owns it, and pictures of the ship. If it is not asking to much, do you know how I can contact the owner? Or perhaps you have any information I need?

Sorry to ask so much, but I am trying to make this a really comprehensive site. I hope you can help. Thanks so much and keep it up!

Barrett Hochhaus
[email protected]
[link=http://worldyamato.blogspot.com]International Yamato Owners Assosciation[/link]
Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 AM
battleshipbud

Hey guy I will help you out best I can. I have 2 people that own Yamatos, I will send you there addresses here shortly. Hope it helps! I dont know what they have for pictures?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:59 AM
battleshipbud

Here are the guys I was talking about
Lee [email protected]
Roneert [email protected]
Hope that helps!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:34 AM
greenseaships

Great Battleshipbud! Thanks a ton!

Barrett
Old 09-09-2006, 10:33 AM
1headgeek

Hey Buddy,
I hear that Rob Stalnacker is bringing his Yam up to battle in Ohio.

You boys going to let him battle with both hands on the transmitter, or are you going to make him tie one
behind his back and blindfold his eyes?

If you don't "hobble" him you better bring your bathing suits, cause I know he'll sink every one of you.
And you know how he loves to laugh at others as they empty their pockets and get ready for the cold water.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:09 PM
battleshipbud

Yes I know he is good!! He blew my California to bits a couple of years ago with his Tripitz. I have just gotten an email from him saying he couldnt get out of work, so he is not going to make it this time around. Oh well I had some BBs to give back to him, I will save them in a baggy for next time. I am running a South Dakota this time and was hopeing to give him some pay back!
Old 09-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Turbobearcat

Give me some directions, I might be able to show up since I will be in Columbus saturday for a wedding..(I live in Lebanon Ohio)

I have a 1/250 scale Musashi..had it for years with a few videos of it on the net...

Mark
Old 09-21-2006, 06:46 PM
greenseaships

Turbobearcat----

Can I get some information and pics about your Musashi??? I have an 8-foot 3-inch Musashi I am finishing and I recently started a website completely devoted to R/C Yamato-class battleships. I am trying to collect information and pictures from anyone who has a Yamato-class and mention them on the website. Here is the address;

http://worldyamato.blogspot.com

Please check it out when you get the chance. We have a couple of Musashis and Several Yamatos.

If you are able to help at all, I'd really appreciate it! Mostly I need pictures of your Musashi, some basic biographical information (How big, when did you get/build it, etc.), and where you are located, though I already see you are in Ohio.

Anyway, if it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate it if you could send me some of this basic info at your earliest convenience, so I can update the site. If you please, I'd also like to post your name to show off your Musashi. Thanks a bunch! I hope to hear from you. Here is my email address: [email protected]

Barrett Hochhaus
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67018.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	528027  
Old 09-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Turbobearcat

how about a video?
http://media.putfile.com/IJN-MUSASHI-wsteamer

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47483.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	528390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33253.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	528391  
Old 09-22-2006, 06:35 PM
greenseaships

Fantastic Turbo! The vid is great too. Those ducks better keep their distance! I do like the goose(?) sailing in formation though.

Thanks also for the email. A new face for the Yamato club! As for my Musashi, she will be sailing her trials for the first time tommorrow.

Barrett
Old 09-23-2006, 04:50 AM
battleshipbud

Hey Tubo
Man I am sorry I did not get your message unitl after the event ! I have to recheck this set up to make sure I have it right. Any way that is really a nice looking ship!! Maybe we can get you over to one of our buildsessions! We have people all over the state of Ohio!
Old 09-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Turbobearcat

ORIGINAL: battleshipbud

Hey Tubo
Man I am sorry I did not get your message unitl after the event ! I have to recheck this set up to make sure I have it right. Any way that is really a nice looking ship!! Maybe we can get you over to one of our buildsessions! We have people all over the state of Ohio!
That sounds good to me, any meets close to the Dayton Ohio area?

I'm from Lebanon Ohio myself.. I have a small fleet of ships that are RC

USS Missouri
HMS HOOD
KMS Bismarck
KMS Tirpitz(radio out)
KMS Scharnhorst
USS Arizona(radio out)
IJN Musashi
KMS Prinz Eugen (fitting out)
IJN Yamato(ready to be fitted)
USS Melvin(blue devil)
USS New Jersay (being built up)
PT-109 1/32 scale
2 S100 class "Schelleboot"

so you can see I have a small fleet here.

all scales sizes are from 1/400 up to 1/32 scale

videos of most...

http://media.putfile.com/KMS-Scharnhorst

http://media.putfile.com/KMS-Bismarck-

http://media.putfile.com/PT109-run-2

http://media.putfile.com/S100-second-trip-to-pond

enjoy folks!

Mark
Old 09-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Turbobearcat

ORIGINAL: greenseaships

Fantastic Turbo! The vid is great too. Those ducks better keep their distance! I do like the goose(?) sailing in formation though.

Thanks also for the email. A new face for the Yamato club! As for my Musashi, she will be sailing her trials for the first time tommorrow.

Barrett
Not a problem.. post some pictures ok?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.