Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

Non-Exploding, Ball Bearing, anti-ship Torpideos

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Non-Exploding, Ball Bearing, anti-ship Torpideos

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Wreno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Non-Exploding, Ball Bearing, anti-ship Torpideos

Good luck with it, and have fun. I would love to see it operate. Are you going to have a safety interlock of some kind that keeps it from fireing above the horizontal (since you are doing a dynamic diver, I presume the deck will tilt upward while surfacing, right?

Are subs actually legal under Small/Fast Gun rules?

For those not familiar with the nuances of the different formats, please keep in mind thatL

Spurt guns are not legal under Big Gun rules while they are allowed in some Small/Fast Gun clubs while, on the other hand,
Small/Fast Gun does not allow for Torps at all, though most Big Gun rules allow torps to be represented with 1/4" cannons at a lower rate of fire (once every 30 seconds, for reloading torps).

Cheers,

Wreno
Old 08-03-2008, 09:20 PM
aircoffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Non-Exploding, Ball Bearing, anti-ship Torpideos

Under MWC rules, a Gato is a class 1 ship and can carry a standard 50 shot gun, or a 15 shot spurt gun. As for the angle, I worried about that because the most important part is safety. So, I linked the dive plane servo to the gun soleniod. Basically, the ship must be fully on the surface to fire. The most important part is simply human caution, just like when we are battling ship with a list. I post a couple of pictures later in the week.