Community
Search
Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

Robart retracts

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 07:38 PM
mustfly
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Robart retracts

I brought a B25 4 years ago made by KMP which had the original retracts from KMP on it. Maiden flight was last year,but I did not like the retracts, as they were made too cheap for me so I made the decision to go to Robart  retracts.
I went to the Toledo show last April (2014), went to Robart's booth, I ordered my retracts for my B25 from one of Robart's sales reps. I made it very clear to the sales rep that the retract's I needed had to be able to handle 30 pounds. I told the sales rep that it was a 96 inch wing span. I charged it to my visa, got my receipt and moved on through to enjoy the rest of the show.
The package came in two months later, I didn't want to open the box because I knew it was the wrong one but I gave them the benefit of doubt and opened it anyway. BIG MISTAKE. They were too small. So I called them, I told them these retracts are for a 18 pound B25. I found out from a friend that my retracts had to be custom made. Soooo a month later I went on a Robart plant tour. I made arrangements to talk to a sales rep. and asked him whats the latest with my retracts? And he told me mine are custom made, he told me it was going to cost me another $160 without the wheels which I did NOT pay because I paid for everything in full when I first brought them.
Now we are in Sept. and I STILL have not received them yet!!! The sales rep told me at the plant it would take 8 weeks. A month ago when I talked to him and he asked me what size wheels I use, he said I would have my retracts in two weeks! I STILL don't have them!! Now I have to come up with more money for the wheels. And this has been going on ALL SUMMER!! AND I missed TWO Warbird events because of this!!! Soooo these "ROBART RETRACTS" so far have cost me roughly around $700,00,really screwed up my summer and make me wonder if I ever want to do business with them again!!
ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM?????