Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

tuning issues? carb problem??? help please.

Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

tuning issues? carb problem??? help please.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:46 AM
atbalducci102488

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning issues? carb problem??? help please.

Ok so I just got my first nitro rc. I did the break in procedure I watched videos plus did as the manual said. I got it tuned up a little i had it running Ok I had kept it kinda rich just to be sure not to screw my engine up. So now for my issue is I can't seem to lean it out without it going crazy high with rpm and its spitting so much gas out the pipe I run through a tank in 5 mins an its seeming to have poor acceleration. The only thing I can do to drop the rpm an lean it is to turn my trim knob to my throttle all the way down but then it has hardly any break . Can anyone tell me wat I may be doing wrong?

Last edited by atbalducci102488; 10-26-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Ala Sarchel

Hi, I hope this finds you well , my question is what are stock needle settings for HSP 1/10 nitro rc truck .18vx engine ??? Kind Regards
Old 11-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Ala Sarchel

I think you have to lean out your High Speed Needle, its too rich
Old 11-09-2014, 10:55 AM
atbalducci102488

Thanks guys it ended up being my idle screw was out way to far. An when I went to hit full throttle it was bogging down but I think I got it now my volcano is running strong I think I can get some more out of it though. I find it very entertaining having to constantly tweak here an there to keep it running good. Good experience for new guys like mysel . I see lots of years of a good time in the future
Old 11-09-2014, 01:27 PM
atbalducci102488

Thanks guys it ended up being my idle screw was out way to far. An when I went to hit full throttle it was bogging down but I think I got it now my volcano is running strong I think I can get some more out of it though. I find it very entertaining having to constantly tweak here an there to keep it running good. Good experience for new guys like mysel . I see lots of years of a good time in the future