Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

airtronics rd 8000 programing problem

Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

airtronics rd 8000 programing problem

Old 11-13-2014, 07:19 AM
billyd3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool airtronics rd 8000 programing problem

Hi,
I am having problems with programming my 8 channel airtronics transmitter.
Instead of having my rudder and throttle on my sticks, they are now on my top left and right switches.
How do I get the transmitter set to get my controls back on my sticks?
Also my ailerons just lock up in the up and down position when I switch the receiver on.

Thanks, Bill
Old 11-13-2014, 11:26 AM
raptureboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you some how managed to change the switch and channel assignments. You will need to go back into the menu and reassign them to the correct channels. Is this a new radio and is it the RDS 2.4 gig?
Old 11-14-2014, 05:16 AM
billyd3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Raptureboy,
I don't know how I managed to mess up but I did.
I actually had a couple of servos plugged into the wrong places. The way I found it was to try the transmitter on another plane, and found it worked fine on that plane.
I now have my great planes extra with a new os 91 four stroke ready to go. A number of years ago I sold this plane to a buddy, he tried it and broke off the entire front end due to inexperience. A while ago I saw it hanging from his basement wall, I asked him about it , and he said do you want it back. I took it home and repaired it with epoxy, put in a new os 91 and the new airtronics 2.4 radio.
Hopefully after some engine break in, I will get to fly it this weekend.
Bill
Old 11-14-2014, 07:11 AM
raptureboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill glad it was so simple. I once rebuilt a wing on my GP Ryan and hooked up the ailerons in reverse. Missed it even in the preflight, took off and realized just before crashing it and recovered just in time to come back around and land. The guys were impressed but I needed to sit down to stop my knees from shaking. LOL I just went from the RDS 8000 to the 10SDG. Really nice radio and so easy to figure out. Good luck with the remaiden.