Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
NEW O.S 1.60 fx wont start >

NEW O.S 1.60 fx wont start

Community
Search
Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

NEW O.S 1.60 fx wont start

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post NEW O.S 1.60 fx wont start

Hey guys, whats up? I was wondering if you could help me with a problem with the 0.S 1.60 fx. Its brand new, and i cant get it to start to save my life. Its dumping fuel out the exhaust. I am mechanically inclined. Ive built transmissions for ford for 9 yrs. never worked on diesels though but i ve worked right beside diesel techs. and have learned a lot about them .........BUT I CANT START THIS THING......
Old 12-16-2014, 10:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dmalone138129
Hey guys, whats up? I was wondering if you could help me with a problem with the 0.S 1.60 fx. Its brand new, and i cant get it to start to save my life. Its dumping fuel out the exhaust. I am mechanically inclined. Ive built transmissions for ford for 9 yrs. never worked on diesels though but i ve worked right beside diesel techs. and have learned a lot about them .........BUT I CANT START THIS THING......
Have you checked to make sure your glow plugs are lighting up? Sounds like you have fuel and air, so you just need that ignition source.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:29 PM

thanks for your reply, but i have not seen it glow, even with it out and in glow starter Ive never used a glow starter before. I do know that fire is a necessity in a combustion chamber. I checked the volts w/dvom and got 1.36v at glow starter terminal. Is that enough to make it glow? Do i need to ground the glow plug with it out to test for glow w/starter?
Old 12-16-2014, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by dmalone138129
thanks for your reply, but i have not seen it glow, even with it out and in glow starter Ive never used a glow starter before. I do know that fire is a necessity in a combustion chamber. I checked the volts w/dvom and got 1.36v at glow starter terminal. Is that enough to make it glow? Do i need to ground the glow plug with it out to test for glow w/starter?
Your glow plug driver battery is likely not fully charged. You should be able to see a healthy bright red glow in your glow plug when you hook it up to your driver.

Do you have much experience with glow engines? That engine of yours is quite powerful and you should seek some experienced flyers to help you learn safe habits in getting it started and running it.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:41 PM

lol, its funny you ask
thats all i do is make totally useless stuff as my down time.. its a dying art im affraid.... but it has charged for 2 days and still reads the same. is this the correct reading for sub c ? or do you know? ill check back tomorrow....its 1 am and i have to work in 6 hrs. but thanks so much 4 ur help. im going to buy new glow starter tomorrow

respectfully,
David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGskateboard_20141216_193038_0.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	656.4 KB
ID:	2055757  

Last edited by dmalone138129; 12-16-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:27 AM

Novel skateboard and that engine should push it. Gonna hurt if you tangle with it though!

Regarding the voltage, you need to test it under load. 1.3 volts would drive the glow plug, but it sounds like that is a no-load voltage which does not tell you if the battery is good.

Last edited by thailazer; 12-17-2014 at 02:43 AM.