Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

RCV 58cd - Idle Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:57 AM
bonesmalone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCV 58cd - Idle Problems

Hi all

Got an RCV 58cd setup in a super chipmunk, Engine is well run in as per the manual but i cant get it set-up to idle reliably. The engine is setup inverted using an OS F Fourstroke plug. I am using Model Technics Propower 10 with 18% EDL2, 10% Nitro with Sical. Prop used is an APC 12 x 6 as recomended by RCV. With this setup RCV manual says i should be getting a max rpm of 8500rpm (i am achieving 8400rpm) with an idle of between 2200rpm and 2500rpm and this is where my problems are, i cannot get a reliable idle less than 4000rpm !!!!

Oh it is also fitted with an onboard glow that kicks in at approx 1/4 throttle, I get a good bright glow on the plug when it is energised

could really do with some advice and pointers ???

Thanks

Tony Bryan
Old 06-03-2008, 10:26 AM
RCV Engines

Default RE: RCV 58cd - Idle Problems

Hi Tony

Please could you contact RCV direct on the email [email protected] with your engine serial number and contact details and we will be able to help you further.

Many thanks

Stephanie
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM
bonesmalone

Thanks Stephanie

Didnt realise anyone had replied !!!!!

I need to take engine out of airframe to check serial number, got a few things to try first, if still having problems i will send details.

Thanks Again

Tony
Old 09-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Telmaster
My Feedback: (106)

Tony, check to see if there is a second rubber washer between the carb and neck that goes to the head. Just found the same kind of problem so I started to change the carb off of my 91 when I saw a second ring down inside the neck. Took that o-ring and put it on the 58 and the rpm's came up and the leaking stopped. The needle valve started to work like it was ment to. Might just look!!!!