Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

RCV120sp question for Keith from Keith

Old 06-03-2009, 09:02 AM
ktcanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCV120sp question for Keith from Keith

I believe someone asked this before but it wasn't fully answered. I am about to mount one in a TopFlite Bonanza. The Bonanza nosewheel is offset to starboard. I would like the exhaust exit on the port side so I have more room to route the exhaust internally without conflicting with the nosewheel mount or cowl.

I guess the first observation is about that crankcase vent. It looks like it must be mounted close to the bottom so oil doesn't build up in the crankcase. What tolerance can be applied to the mounted orientation of the crankcase vent?

Second question is whether you can separate the cylinder assembly from the crankcase and rotate it 180 degrees so the exhaust is on the right, carb on the top and vent on the bottom - all looking from the front. Can the timing be maintained?

Answers much appreciated soonest - I am at engine mount stage right now!

Keith
Old 06-03-2009, 07:16 PM
rcbill58
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: RCV120sp question for Keith from Keith

I believe someone asked this before but it wasn't fully answered. I am about to mount one in a TopFlite Bonanza. The Bonanza nosewheel is offset to starboard. I would like the exhaust exit on the port side so I have more room to route the exhaust internally without conflicting with the nosewheel mount or cowl.

I guess the first observation is about that crankcase vent. It looks like it must be mounted close to the bottom so oil doesn't build up in the crankcase. What tolerance can be applied to the mounted orientation of the crankcase vent? In my experience there is no restriction on the orientation of the vent, only that the vent hose be as short as possible and of the largest diameter practical.

Second question is whether you can separate the cylinder assembly from the crankcase and rotate it 180 degrees so the exhaust is on the right, carb on the top and vent on the bottom - all looking from the front. Can the timing be maintained? The cylinder can be rotated to any of 4 rotational positions, but the gears must be timed as described in the owner's manual.

Answers much appreciated soonest - I am at engine mount stage right now! Happy Flying!!

Keith

Best Regards, Bill Jensen

BJ's Model Engine Service*, 51 Hillside Dr., Beacon Falls, CT 06403
phone: 203-888-4819, email: [email protected]
www.bj-model-engines.com
*a trade name of Flight Star Devices, Inc.

We are the factory authorized service center for:
RCV Engines www.rcvengines.com
Revolution www.rc-revolution.com
Aerovate (RCGF) www.zrcgf.com
Brison www.rc-revolution.com
ENYA www.enya-engine.com
JBA www.kangkeUSA.com
SK www.kangkeUSA.com

We also service all other brands!

"DEMON-CLEAN (tm)" heavy duty engine cleaner, buy it now on-line!.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:52 AM
ktcanuck

Default RE: RCV120sp question for Keith from Keith

Excellent. Thanks Bill.