Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

New Ground Pounder does not work!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New Ground Pounder does not work!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:03 PM
rammmit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ground Pounder does not work!!!

Who else is having electronic problems with their Ground Pounders?
Old 01-22-2011, 12:08 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: New Ground Pounder does not work!!!

um, what doesnt work???
does it drive?
does it steer?
is the radio range short?
some have gotten bad radios. redcat will replace them.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:17 PM
rammmit

I recieved my Ground Pounder for xmas, I charged the battery, turned it on, and instant glitching. So I take it outside, I get it to go about 20ft and it starts glitching so bad it is uncontrollable. I take it back inside, check all the wires for breaks, check all the connections, and even move the reciever away from the ESC, still glitching.
So I call Redcat 3 different times over 2 days and get 3 different answers to the same problem. They tell me to send in the whole truck so they can look at it, so I do, out another $15 on top of the $250 for the truck. Redcat keeps the truck for 2 weeks on top of the delivery days, so a total of 2 and a half weeks the truck was gone.

I finally recieve the truck back this past Tues. (1/18/11) and take it out, shows they just replaced the crystals. So I charge up the battery, take it outside, turn it on and what do you know, still glitching, but now I can drive about 40ft away. They had the truck for 2 weeks and couldnt have at least tested it better to make sure it was fixed. At this point I am extremely mad, I try it again Wed. have it outside, still glitching, driving it back to myself so I could pick it up and it stops a few feet in front of me, I walk up to it and the ESC is smoking. I wait for it to cool and try it again and now nothing at all works.

I call Redcat again, talk to Chris, and he says oh I guess it was the ESC the whole time, you will have to fill out a warranty claim. Just freaking fantasitc. So I fill out the warranty claim, and still no respose back to that. I know more guys that are having the same issues with this truck, but we keep getting told it isnt a major problem.

I consider it a big problem when I have 'owned' the truck for a month and it has seen Redcat at the UPS truck more than me.

So now I have a $265 paper weight, thanks Redcat.

Yes I am mad at this whole situation and Im sure anyone else would be if this was happening to them, but in the end it is up to Redcat to fix this and so far it doesnt look like they are going too.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:23 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

if the ESC smoked, redcat will replace it. its under warrenty.
do you have any other ESC's you could put in it to test it out?
you could pick up a traxxas xl5 esc for $30.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:47 PM
rammmit

The only other ESC I have is in my sons Slash, and Im not going to risk frying that one if there is somethng else wrong.
Yes they should replace, but I havent heard anything back from them, so.

And yes I understand I can go out and buy another ESC, but this is a BRAND NEW TRUCK, I shouldnt have to put more money into it. I havent even gotten to use the electronics that came inthe truck other than driving it down the sidewalk to find out it doesnt work.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:54 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: rammmit

The only other ESC I have is in my sons Slash, and Im not going to risk frying that one if there is somethng else wrong.
Yes they should replace, but I havent heard anything back from them, so.

And yes I understand I can go out and buy another ESC, but this is a BRAND NEW TRUCK, I shouldnt have to put more money into it. I havent even gotten to use the electronics that came in the truck other than driving it down the sidewalk to find out it doesnt work.
i know what you mean. i was only suggesting the xl5 as a sutable replacment.
if the ESC smoked, then the ESC was 90% likely cause of all the issues.
when did you email the warrenty claim on the ESC? if its only been a couple of days i am sure they will get back to you.
it doesnt hurt to email chris if you still have his email, let him know you filled out the ESC warrenty form and that you want a replacement yesturday.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:46 PM
rammmit

I will keep bugging him, I was on the phone with him when I was filling out the warranty claim.
I will wait a few more days for a reply back, but like I said I have had the truck a month now and have hardly even touch it, now I will have to wait even longer when it should have been figured out when I sent them the entire truck. All they had to do when they had was actually test it out and they would have figured out it was still glitching. Instead they threw a new set of crystals in it and called it fixed, which it was and is not!!
Old 01-22-2011, 05:33 PM
1ofmyfuns

Dang-it man I hope you get that thing fixed and going quick, I had a warranty issue also and Billy @ Redcat Racing came through real good for me so I'm sure they will get you going one way or another.

Good Luck
Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 PM
rammmit

So do I, Billy is the one I talked to when I initially sent it in, got him the third of fourth time I called.

Guess it just got me even more frustrated when they had the truck for so long, but yet it wasnt fixed when they sent it back to me.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:10 PM
1ofmyfuns

Although Itruly believe they will get you fixed up Iwould have been upset also if I had gone to all that trouble got my hopes up when it came back just to find out it was still a wreck and had not been fixed, Oh yeah i would have been burning that phone line up trying to find out what the heck was going on.....! yes very frustrating, I know those people at Redcat are busting their tails but your truck should have been tested before it was shipped back, sounds like someone dropped the ball on hat one big time.

And like my late Granny told me all my life "kid you gotta learn to take the bitter with the sweet"

well you've had your bitter so maybe the sweet isjust around the corner......!

Peace
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM
rammmit

I hope so man, thank you
Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Capn kanuckles

Hey Rammit,funny to see you here,we both share the pain of electrical problems.This is a big problem,i put my warranty form in thursdays morning and still nothing.So i said forget them,i ordered a new radio and esc online and it will be at my door thursday.Dont get me wrong im sending my old radio back to get a new from redcat like they are suppose to do,but i cant wait for them to dilly dick around.In my mind there is no excuse for them not responding by the end of business thursday.How hard is it to email me and tell me where to send it.Belive me,if i owe them money you better belive they would have called me.The thing that gets me is come monday,my radio would have been on there doorstep,now i will ship it monday,get there weds by time they do what they do its the following thursday or friday maybe before i get it back.This post is not a bash,I LOVE THIS TRUCK IT BAD TO THE BONE,but it would be nice if i could use it.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
rammmit

Hey Capn, yeah I was a member here already, just saw that there wasmore recognition over on RCMT for the whole monster truck scene. I filled out my warranty claim on Wed. as soon as Ihung up the phone with Chris, so they knew mine was coming through then, but still nothing for me either. I just cant see putting out more money on top of the $250 I payed for a RTR truck. Mine was Ready to Throw away out of the box. The whole reason I got this truck was for the whole monster truck appeal, big tires, tube-ish style frame, 4wd and 4ws, and the support Brett was giving it and help to improve it.Just wishing Redcat would fix this.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:41 AM
formula87

I had the same problem with a Traxxas Rustler and had to send it and wait for 2-3 weeks but I didn't have anyone I knew by name like at Redcat I was just a #   Redcat will get you straight I have had better warranty exp with them then with Traxxas..... Did you buy it on Ebay or a Redcat Dealer?? ie URCHobby / RuFaster ect....maybe they can help.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Capn kanuckles

They will make it right,just not as fast as i want them to.When your mad you want things done yesterday,they will fix this.I just think the stuff there going to send me,is the same stuff im have problems with.You would be better off buying a new esc at least,you can get a new xl-5 like nitro said or a tazer15t like i got for $25.It a good investment for this truck.Beside the fact the you are going to buy new electronics,still make them honor there warranty.The way i see i will have 2 radios and 2 esc,worst comes to worst i put a radio,rx and esc on ebay and make $30-$50 and it will cover my shipping expense to redcat and the new electronics i bought.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:48 PM
rammmit

I bought it through ckrccrawlers.com, was the cheapest place other than ebay and the truck was dropped shipped directly from Redcat.

Just waiting now, see what happens and until I can spare some money to get new electronics.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Capn kanuckles

Ok,***!Still no response from thursday at noon when i sent the warranty.Called today and was assured by Darick (I THINK) that i would have the warranty email today,well guess what, it 7:15pm here and nothing.This is the second time i have called andasked about this and the second.i was snubbed.This is almost laughable
Old 01-25-2011, 09:08 AM
rammmit

OK guys so Redcat has came through for me and are sending me a new truck and I have to send this one back.

Just wanted pubicly thank and apoligize to Redcat. I was just trying to get my point across about spending so much for a product that did not work correctly out of the box. It took a little while, but Redcat is taking care of me.

I get the new truck on Thur. or Fri. so we will cross our fingers and hope all is good with the new one.

Thanks again Redcat and Brett from CPE for the help.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

OK guys so Redcat has came through for me and are sending me a new truck and I have to send this one back.

Just wanted pubicly thank and apoligize to Redcat. I was just trying to get my point across about spending so much for a product that did not work correctly out of the box. It took a little while, but Redcat is taking care of me.

I get the new truck on Thur. or Fri. so we will cross our fingers and hope all is good with the new one.

Thanks again Redcat and Brett from CPE for the help.

no real need to apoligize. you got a RC that didnt work! but i knew that redcat would take care of you. it just takes alittle time, which is understadably frustrating.
CS and sales/parts support is redcat's main service. they dont manufacture the RC's, they provide the support and service for them. if it wasnt for redcat, you could still get many of the same models, as they are sold by other brands. but you wouldnt get the same warrenty-service-parts support(in USA)

good luck with the new truck.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Capn kanuckles

That was super cool that redcat did that for you.I hope the new truck works out for you.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:32 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Capn kanuckles

That was super cool that redcat did that for you.I hope the new truck works out for you.
redcat has a 90day warrenty on electronics. if the truck dont work, they are gonna replace the part or the whole thing!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Capn kanuckles

Well i was contacted just now and they are sending me a new radio and receiver.I want to thank Dan at Redcat for assisting me in getting my issues resolved.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:41 PM
rammmit

I recieved the new truck tonight just like Brett and Redcat said I would. 'A' for effort, but unfornately it still has the same glitching issue that my first truck had.

Going to send back my original truck to Redcat since nothing works on it. I guess I will just have to follow this one around if I want to drive it.

Not much else to say.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:49 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

I recieved the new truck tonight just like Brett and Redcat said I would. 'A' for effort, but unfornately it still has the same glitching issue that my first truck had.

Going to send back my original truck to Redcat since nothing works on it. I guess I will just have to follow this one around if I want to drive it.

Not much else to say.
dang, no luck with this model at all!
wish i could fix it for you.
(i said something really stupid here. sorry)
Old 01-27-2011, 07:56 PM
rammmit

I would, but Redcat sent a prepaid packing slip to send my original back to them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.