Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

servo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:50 PM
209mark123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo?

I have a earthquake 3.0 it seems to be pretty good Ihave wrecked it a couple of times and havent had any problems. Anyways Ijust noticed today that when It is sitting still and Iturn it the wheels bearly move side to side but if Ipick it up and hold it in the air they turn perfectly Ihave changed the batteries and it didnt change anything. Anyways what goin on do u think Ineed a new steering servo? And what servo is good Im not sure cause Ihave never changed one yet. And what else if anything would Ihave to change with it. And Iwould like to get one that fits right in without a bunch of modifacations to the truck itself if its possible. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:34 AM
formula87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: servo?

There are  alot of servos to choose from I put one from Hobbico on mine a cs160 it was about 40 bucks at my LHS but on a truck you may want to go with something a bit stronger like the CS170 about $79 but the cost is getting up ther they also make a CS150 that is slower but very strong and should work about $35.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:15 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: servo?

ORIGINAL: 209mark123

I have a earthquake 3.0 it seems to be pretty good I have wrecked it a couple of times and havent had any problems. Anyways I just noticed today that when It is sitting still and I turn it the wheels bearly move side to side but if I pick it up and hold it in the air they turn perfectly I have changed the batteries and it didnt change anything. Anyways what goin on do u think I need a new steering servo? And what servo is good Im not sure cause I have never changed one yet. And what else if anything would I have to change with it. And I would like to get one that fits right in without a bunch of modifacations to the truck itself if its possible. Thanks for the help.
check and see if the screw that holds the servo arm on the servo is tight.
if it is, then most likely the servo is failing.

the traxxas waterproof 2075 is a nice option. enough torque and waterproof to boot.

i have some metal geared high-torque servos i got from hobbypartz.com. they were $15 shipped. they work well, but the stock arm may not fit on those servos.