Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano S30 c drive cup removal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 02:59 PM
chumly222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano S30 c drive cup removal?

I am trying to replace a drive cup on the front differential of my volcano S30. I removed the differential, took the back off of it, removed the gear, took the bearings off.......................Now how the heck to I get the cup shaft out of the gear? there are no "e" clips exposed holding the shaft into the gear. Im stumped. It is a drive cup "C". No set screw in these cups either
Old 08-12-2011, 05:23 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: Volcano S30 c drive cup removal?

Just take the gear off. There's nothing holding the gear on, it just sits there on the shaft, there's a roll pin that that it sits on , but other than that, there's nothing holding it on. I think before I had said there was an E-clip holding something, but there's not on that diff. Once you take the gear off you take the pin out and the shaft should slid out.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 AM
chumly222

you mean there is a pin holding the drive cup shaft into the differential gear? I didnt see one but I will look again.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:31 AM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pin doesnt hold it on it just provides something to spin the gear with , instead of the shaft just spinning in the hole.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:48 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the pin holds the gear in place on the shaft the same way the pin on the axle sits on/in the hex for the rim.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:33 PM
chumly222

I dont know what pins you guys are talking about but i figured it out. There are 4 screws on the side of the differential gear that need to be removed. That exposes the  planetary gear................thus exposing the "e" clip holding  the "c"  drive cup and axle in place. Thanx for your help anyway
Old 08-13-2011, 06:48 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are the planetary gears, the 4 gears inside the sealed diff case, the ones i was talking about were the pinion gear that meshes with the ring gear. Either way, glad you figured it out and got it done.