Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

I'm so disappointed with THE QUAKE 8e....

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

I'm so disappointed with THE QUAKE 8e....

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Weekend Warriors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm so disappointed with THE QUAKE 8e....

just want to mention that redcatdan has contacted me and said he IS gonna try to get this problem fixed. Kudos Dan, nothing better than taking REAL interest in the problems consumers have with their products. Guarantied REDCAT will prosper in the rc world as long you keep interest in the problems that occur...and help consumer solve them. 
Not gonna retract anything else other than redcat has notified me and may just try to fix the problem, which is a step in the good direction!! I'll keep posting until this gets resolved.
See if i can be a redcat lover again????

You get good service you tell all your friends...........
You get bad service you tell everyone..
Old 08-30-2011, 02:28 PM
XtrmTJ
My Feedback: (6)

I am sorry to say, if I could do it all over again, I would buy TRAXXAS ! I got a Redcat 8E cos it was cheap and no one was saying anything bad about them. I was new to the RC world and looked and lisened and thot I was buying a good product. Now I am not so sure. I shimmed, I took it all apart, I greased it, I have broken parts and had to wait two weeks for replacements. You can buy anything Traxxas at all the LHS. I am converting mine to an Aftershock and see if that works.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warriors

i hear ya loud and clear.... i would get either the emaxx or hpi flux for shizzel mydizzle.......but for now i got THIS THING. Pretty sure (99%) that within a month or so, i'll have either one, probablycuz i'll be sick of fixing THIS THING......
but until then, i'm still waiting on diff parts to fix THIS THING and couldn't wait to nut and bolt the housing together...this is what i did.....
bought #4-32, 1" machine screw with nuts, use the existing hole in the housing and use these, they fit perfect with just having to touch here and there with the dremel. The only crappy thing is that i have to remove the entire bulkhead/housing from the rc to do this, unless one was to drill threw the existing hole and then come from the bulkhead up. Got sum pics but can'tseem to get them posted, use the click here to upload images and files, then i wait, then it says ok, and then what???? i'll figure it out soon.
so got no new parts in the diffs so i know it won't make much difference yet, but once its all new again, i'll test try and post to see if it help my diffs from blown up??

When my new parts get here, who thinks i should shimm the diffs or try without but have the diff housing bolted down????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86044.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1655351   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81556.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1655352  
Old 08-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Weekend Warriors

CRAPS my bad, those nuts and botls were #4-40, not #3-32 sorry
Old 09-01-2011, 04:11 AM
soldier5050

it is not bad luck it is just cheap parts . I thought I had back luck when I bought my Redcat but after about 1 month seeing this board and all the problems with all there products then Ifigured well bad company . I see so many people with problems then all that sell Redcat come on here and say upgrade this up grade that , why do we have to upgrade a truck that you have already paid $200- $300 .
Old 09-01-2011, 04:48 AM
xON3MERCx

ORIGINAL: soldier5050

it is not bad luck it is just cheap parts . I thought I had back luck when I bought my Redcat but after about 1 month seeing this board and all the problems with all there products then Ifigured well bad company . I see so many people with problems then all that sell Redcat come on here and say upgrade this up grade that , why do we have to upgrade a truck that you have already paid $200- $300 .

What do you think your going to get out of a cheap truck? The best parts out on the market for half the cost? Dont think so. If you dont like your Redcats then sell them and go out a buy another truck with better parts and quit your crying. I see you all over this board saying how bad Redcat and this and that. This board is for support not for crying. You are just wasting peoples time. People come here for advice not to listen to people like you *****ing all the time. What do moms say " IFYOUDONTHAVEANYTHINGNICETOSAYTHENDONTSAY ANYTHINGATALL".
Old 09-01-2011, 05:12 AM
soldier5050

man you are so stupid , can you actually read . you come on here blowing your mouth and you know nothing ..... I need to take a dump need wiped ! That is what mommy told me !

Old 09-01-2011, 05:16 AM
xON3MERCx

Oh you poor baby. As soon as I'm done with your mom I'll be right over....And thanks for proving my point.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Weekend Warriors

simmer down......i can see both points here guys. On one hand, i do agree with the fact that major components of an rc should not be blowing regulary, if so you got a problem somewhere, the price that you paid of course usually goes hand in hand, but regardless of the price, don't advertise as something that your not, best way to get in trouble( ie people with all these broken redcats, hating redcat). I believe that companies should just be honest with their products. Some do, we just don't realize it.( Don't write a check your ass can't cash). It just usually takes some bugging to get things resolved.
but in the end something gets done

As for upgrades, well in my opinion, they are exactly that UPGRADES. I'm not going to say much more than, that's the cool thing about aftermarket upgrades or generic upgrades, you can customize your rc how you want it. I agree that every company should have some sort of Hoped-up version of their line up, so if one chooses you can have one either with the leather or cloth interior with no cd player..lol..

Plus i'm not here to cry about it, but yet try to resolve the problem and get redcat interested in what i'm saying.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Weekend Warriors

ps my parts should be here any second now, i'll post once i rebuild all the diifs and center, plus nut and bolt the housing, but no going to shimm it,
well see if it will last more than an hour this time.....
Old 09-01-2011, 07:39 AM
xON3MERCx

True but what good comes from people that have had bad " LUCK" with RC cars coming into a support form just to bash on a certain brand when some guys actually need help on a subject? I understand that you might be upset but thats not going to help anyone.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Weekend Warriors

nope your right. but the day that i wrote that i did just blew the diffs again after just rebuilding them all and only being 2 hrs run time total. So ya i will admit i was mostly venting but most of my comments in my opinion were justified....but that's only my opinion which isn't worth 2 cents ...lol
(DING DONG)......hum...what could that be......my parts
Old 09-01-2011, 08:19 AM
xON3MERCx

Understand dude!!!! And is was not you that I was talking about. Good luck with your new parts.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Weekend Warriors

oh i understood 5 post ago it was not me you were talking about, just my 2 cents that's all, exactly that 2 cents........anywho thanks for the luck, i hope i won't need it
Old 09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
XtrmTJ

OK, you RC Gurus, I am changing my EQ 8E over to an AS 8E. I am buying all the parts to do so now. Including new spur gear/motor gear. Can some one please explain to me the differance between an EQ 8E 49/12 and the AS 8E 46/15 gear sets ? I am a newbee, please tell me why I want to change my 49/12 to a 46/15. Thanks ! Besides a new body, and a front bumper guard, what else do I need to change ? Thanks so much for your input !
Smitty
Old 09-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Weekend Warriors

Well i have all of those and yet to still change over from stock.... from my naked thus far, i haven't looked overly yet at it but.....
the pinion 12t and 15t seem to be the same except that the 15 is little larger in dia. obviously..,.. now for the spur the only problem that i see is that the 46t that i have is not as wide as the 49 stock in the quake....im hoping that doesn't affect much, but yet to try
Old 09-01-2011, 12:38 PM
XtrmTJ

Thanks, didn't mean to hijack your thread.  I ordered the steel 46t spur gear, so I hope it is way stronger. 
Old 09-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Weekend Warriors

no probs, steal away

Old 09-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warriors

ok so i guess i forgot about 1 pinion on drive cup.......see the parts i need are all out, so when i ordered they had only i front/rear diff complete and one center and one just the inner diff., forgot about one pinion, oh craps, so i changed over the rear to new parts, put a nut on the housing, replaced the center, and picked the best parts for the front, i'll wait for a new diff guts to wait to install the new diff...........
the waiting game again...
Old 09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: xON3MERCx

Oh you poor baby. As soon as I'm done with your mom I'll be right over....And thanks for proving my point.

-1 for the mom comment
Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Weekend Warriors

update...
still waiting for more parts to arrive, still have had NO luck with finding a bs17mm-kit, that sucks cuz i got 3 more sets of sweet tires i want to try and they are all 17mm wheels,
Does anyone know if i'm going to need hub adapters also???? cuz the stock wheels are almost 100% offset.
I did purchase offset rims, but not sure how much offset??? They will be here on Tues.
REDCAT get your parts supply back up please..... over a month looking for 17mm kit, and getting close to month for the parts i ordered that are backordered...thanks guys
Old 09-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After deleting a few posts, I'm ready to lock this. The only reason I haven't is because the OP isn't involved in the rule breaking. But I will close it and remove it in a heartbeat if people don't calm down.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warriors

ok...here's my prob dude.....
1   Earthquake 8e, with heat sink,fan and delivery- $433.50
1 quick charger and balancer-$149.99
2 5000mah lipo 30c,2s -89.99 each-$179.98
3 hoods cut out to fit the quake and custome painted..........25.00 each-$75.00
3 sets of tires and rims that are 17mm-$326.00  (yes i know they can be used on other rc
ordered other parts and 17mm kit but still backordered...............................$83.56

all bought the second day after recieving my QUAKE......
The quake ran for about an hour and a half, and then all my diffs blew, including the "tranny"
return to my LHS but more parts............................................. .......................$65.78
put back together with all new diffs only to have all the diffs blow AGAIN sortly after the second charge of batteries...half hour later????????????????
back to LHS to find out that all parts are sold out........
order online parts from vancouver......................................... .........................$49.82
and still need one new pinion drive cup gear....
ordered from Ontario.......but dealers has yet to reply and has NOT been shipped yet, paypal has paid his account already- $19.43
so now THIS THING sits on my shelf has had 2hrs on it and i put out all this coin for an RC that doesn't work.......
i think i should be able to vent , call me crazy.........
Old 09-02-2011, 08:08 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: xON3MERCx

ORIGINAL: soldier5050

it is not bad luck it is just cheap parts . I thought I had back luck when I bought my Redcat but after about 1 month seeing this board and all the problems with all there products then I figured well bad company . I see so many people with problems then all that sell Redcat come on here and say upgrade this up grade that , why do we have to upgrade a truck that you have already paid $200- $300 .

What do you think your going to get out of a cheap truck? The best parts out on the market for half the cost? Dont think so. If you dont like your Redcats then sell them and go out a buy another truck with better parts and quit your crying. I see you all over this board saying how bad Redcat and this and that. This board is for support not for crying. You are just wasting peoples time. People come here for advice not to listen to people like you *****ing all the time. What do moms say '' IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL''.

He watched Bambi, LMAO
Old 09-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Weekend Warriors

UPDATE....................................
Still waiting for parts to arrive and STILL haven't located a BS17mm-KIT for the earthquake 8e.....
Quick recap......
 after approx. 1hr of easy use time ......both front/rear diffs and the center diff blown also...
         rebuild with all new parts...........cuz no warranty on brand new diffs
 after another half hour of very, very  easy use time......... both fron/rear diffs were blown AGAIN........
 ordered parts cuz my LHS is all out..... and still waiing
one month of having the redcat......1 to 2 hrs of playtime( more like an hour).....been on the shelf more than on the ground.

I

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.