Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:58 PM
ou2mame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tornado wheels...

so my friend has a tornado, and i ordered some traxxas sct wheels for my vortex and he got jealous and we were buying some more fuel at the hobby shop and he bought some wheels/rims, the traxxas 2478r's. i saw that it had pin imprints on the inside so i figured if we took off the 12mm adapters they'd fit, but the inside of the rims were rubbing on the a arm ball joint ends. so i cut the rims a little and they ended up fitting perfectly. in case anyone else wants to do this, they do fit, they just need a little tweaking. i drove it, and it handles so much better on the concrete.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58723.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1822240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67743.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1822241  
Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: tornado wheels...

Nice, thanx for posting.
I had to do simillar to make my traxxas stampede rear wheels work on the front of my tornado epx pro...trim some of the inside ribs.

Bet those tires will last alot longer on pavement than the stock ones! They wont ballon as much either.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Microz

I like the sparkle on the rim in the second picture...that just looks awesome haha!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:08 AM
ou2mame

yeah they look sick.. they sell a skinny version for the front if you want to go that route too, but i think it looks great with the thicker wheels up front, plus its more traction, cause the car was just sliding around when you went into turns on concrete. and yeah, the old tires, even after just half a gallon or so through it, were looking pretty worn out. so now he's got street and dirt tires.