Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Bent/mis-glued wheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 11:12 AM
jcjrogers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent/mis-glued wheel

My Caldera 10e shipped with what is either a bent or just a misglued rear left wheel. You can clearly see when you roll the vehicle back and forth. The wheel goes back-and-forth from a negative camber position to a positive camber position. I've verified by switching the rear wheels and it is the wheel not the bolt or anything else. You can also visibly see a bulge on the inside tire, where the tire meets the rim. The wheel was bent/misglued out of the box so I've only run once and that was just a simple test run to verify that everything else was in proper working order. Redcat is replacing the wheel. My question is, is there any harm running the vehicle with the bent/misglued wheel? I realize that I won't get the best performance out of the truck, but do I risk bending or breaking something else by running with the bad wheel?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bent/mis-glued wheel

If your doing high speed runs you chance wearing your hub bearings but besides that, it should be fine for just bashing around.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:59 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

If your doing high speed runs you chance wearing your hub bearings but besides that, it should be fine for just bashing around.
dead on.
will wear on the suspension parts to, as it will cause vibrations threwout that side of the chassis.
But its not like it will break anything within a few battery packs. it will take alot of use before it would add up to breakage.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:25 PM
jcjrogers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good.  I just wanted to run around the yard a couple of times this weekend.  Still waiting on a replacement charger before I can use my lipo.  If I'm lucky, I'll have everything by the end of next week enabling me to run on 4 good wheels and with a lipo pack.