Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

s30 stance

Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default s30 stance

What I want to do, and I dont remember where I saw this. I want to put tthe drive cups and hex nuts from the volcano and put them on my tornado to give it a wider stance, like a truggy. What do u guys think?
Old 10-22-2013, 03:40 AM
lifeismuddy
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for it!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Dads like rc too

I've done it, it works great. Don't forget you'll need to order the longer volcano axle stubs as well.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:14 PM
zackS30

The axle stubs is what holds the wheel on and hold the dog bone right? If so then I got it! I just need wheels and tires. Im going to go with some beadlocks and the dirt hawgs tires.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Dads like rc too

Originally Posted by zackS30
The axle stubs is what holds the wheel on and hold the dog bone right? If so then I got it! I just need wheels and tires. Im going to go with some beadlocks and the dirt hawgs tires.
Yes, the stub axle is what the end of the dogbone goes into. The Volcano stubs are longer than the Tornado. Also, do some research on the wheels you buy. Most beadlock rims are just for show, they don't really work that well. Dirthawgs are awesome tires, mount them on some Proline Desperado rims. They'll look like a million bucks and last forever.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:50 PM
zackS30

The beadlocks I saw were cool the only thing was that they had a red lock for the bead area. So id have to paint it cuz.my buggy has a blue and green thing goin on.... Ill look up those othere wheels though!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:51 PM
zackS30

Ok. So. I got the volcano axles and hex nuts! It handles a bit better with the wider stance but now my problem is that when I tighten the nut onto the wheels the wheelss lock up :/ an easy fix eithh a small spacer but annoying still lol.... Any ways thw wheels I got are the proline bead lockers called "epic" and they do look epic! Im getting some proline dort hawg III tires to put on them and im going to paint the little screws or maybe the bead lock part a metalic blue... I put a new filter on as well its from team associated and its a two piece thing it has a paper cylinder filter in the middle and a foam cover. I looks cool I tjink... Ill try to get pics up after I get the tires.!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:51 AM
Dads like rc too

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redc...res-axles.html. There's a pic in this thread of my old Tornado with the 2.8 desperados and dirt hawgs
Old 11-01-2013, 12:38 PM
zackS30

Thats pretty cool!