Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano epx pro programming help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Detrailers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano epx pro programming help

ok, im sorry, love RCRs products but do they have the WORST INSTRUCTION MANUALS EVER??

I see about programming the ESC, but then it goes into another section about how to program for take off force and some other things but doesnt say how to program that. This thing has way too much acceleration for my 9 year old so im trying to tamp that down...

plus, nothing, 0 about charge time for the LIPO batt...
Old 08-31-2014, 04:33 PM
LogicalDreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here man ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I0bsIPoyB0 (not my vid)

Here's a link for a manual. http://amazingrcstore-shop.com/product/b7055/ BE ADVISED - this is a link to a vendor's site that is already a member here on RCU. While it's NOT the EXACT manual for the ESC you have the important parts, pages 5 and 6, have what you are after. Best bet is to download that and maybe print those two pages for future reference.

So far my understanding is that RedCat's brushless 1/10 stuff only uses 5 programmable parameters. I have personally watched the vid with those two pages printed on my Volcano EPX Pro and Tornado EPX Pro and have had no issues.

When you program you will want maximum "Start Mode/Punch" (aka Punch Control).

If you don't want it so powerful for the young lad then you can also put a nimh instead of a lipo.

Good luck.