Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

EarthQuake 3.5 Nitro tuning issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 05:15 AM
mjp9348

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EarthQuake 3.5 Nitro tuning issue

Hi everyone ! So my 1st post new to nitro trucks , I used to run nitro copters for a little back ground info 15 years ago.

So I received the earthquake 3.5 nitro with the blue head , it was in a lot of stuff i purchased , so I decided to see if this thing works, its really clean no bumps or bruises no dirt , put batteries in it , fuel in it , got it started , idled it for 5 minutes ran it slow for for 10 minutes , then give it gas and blah ... dies out , so I deal with this for 10 minutes , then start making minor adjustments to carb 1/8 turns , and any throttle over half it just dies out . so pull coord breaks ... replaced it with with electric start and no matter the changes in the carb it shows change while im doing the adjustments but give it gas and it falls flat and dies out .

Now keep in mind its running temp , nice and hot puffing blue smoke , I just cant seem to figure out whats wrong . I dont know if the previous owner has thrown the carb that far out of adjustment or what .. Anyone have any idea how to reset this carb back to factory settings so i can redo the tuning or have a idea what to do to atleast keep it running ? only after it heats up it really doesnt want to stay running .
Old 11-07-2017, 12:44 PM
mjp9348

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Follow up to my thread , after countless threads and videos , I found the close basic factory reset tune , for my truck . Though its not completely dialed in , and bogs a little as soon as the 2nd gear kicks on it does recover and doesn't die out . Anyone having issues similar to mine , back the high speed needle flush and the low speed needle flush . Give the High speed needle a complete 1 1/2 turns or 3 half turns and give the low speed needle 1/2 turn , run the truck and heat up and dial it in from there . Thats the best answer I can give since no one else has a answer I have seen for this particular truck and engine .