Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Questions About Volcano EXP Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 05:53 PM
BigRedGinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions About Volcano EXP Pro

Hey, I'm new to the forum. Just picked up my first RC, I can see this being another hobby to add to my many others.
So my first question has to do with taking off with EXP pro. It has a tendency to stutter a bit and sometimes not want to go at all(worst in the grass). With some encouragement it will eventually take off like a rocket.
Is there anything I can do setup wise to help with this? I've got a 17 and 15 tooth pinion gear ordered to bring up the torque a bit, maybe that will help. Wondering if it may be related to the ESC.
​​​My other question would be, what are the main upgrades I should do to this. I've got the aluminum hop up kit on the way as my front control arms popped off the retaining pins within minutes. As a noob I'm not sure what size tires I can run without issue, like to go bigger if possible.
Any input would appreciated, thanks!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:54 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one of these too, but it was converted from brushed to brushless, I think. What's in it isn't stock. Cogging is typical on some brushless systems and you can try to remedy that by getting a programming card. You plug it in between the ESC and the receiver. You can choose how much "Punch Control" you have. You can also mess with the "Motor Timing".
Mine came with the hop-up kit. It's questionable whether the $100 they get is really worth it. It's more for dress.
Sorry I can't be more help on the cogging. Maybe somebody else can jump in.
The following users liked this post:
BigRedGinger (08-17-2020)