Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Blackout Spring Cups - Help

Old 10-28-2020, 10:57 AM
Miami_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackout Spring Cups - Help

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me find a replacement spring cup for a Blackout SC Pro. These are the big bore shocks, part BS214-011. I talked to Redcat yesterday and they were very kind but essentially told me the springs and cups are backordered and unavailable for the foreseeable future. I lost one of the spring cups and need a suitable replacement. I tried the V1 cups but they aren't wide enough. I figure I'm not the only one who has lost some of these because the way they are designed they can come off with a good jolt. I'm hoping someone has found a cup for another RC that has a spring of similar diameter. I couldn't find anything Traxxas that seemed suitable at the hobby store, they're all too thin or too wide (like Maxx and XMaxx). Hoping one of you guys has found something that works? Thanks
Old 12-18-2020, 07:41 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ebay has these shocks listed for under $12
Old 12-22-2020, 10:10 AM
redcatamatuer

I have the same problem with my blackout SC (not pro) just one rear cup mount is lost. I found the cup on amazon but shipping is a few days out (search for redcat racing shock cup)

I called my local hobby stores to see if a generic mount from Traxxas or RPM would fit, they basically made me feel bad for not buying traxxas. Haters!
Old 12-31-2020, 06:33 AM
redcatamatuer

Originally Posted by redcatamatuer View Post
I have the same problem with my blackout SC (not pro) just one rear cup mount is lost. I found the cup on amazon but shipping is a few days out (search for redcat racing shock cup)

I called my local hobby stores to see if a generic mount from Traxxas or RPM would fit, they basically made me feel bad for not buying traxxas. Haters!
So the cup size was smaller so had to return it. But found a set of suspensions on ebay, so good to go now.