Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 07:35 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

i got a $375 volcano and a $275 volcano, both used, i guess people think there is one born every minute.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:37 PM
cocheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$375 for a volcano.....USED! Good luck! LOL
Old 05-31-2006, 07:39 PM
DiTi

exactly...... aint that weird? 375 for a volcano? who cares about the extra bodies... if you are willing to spend that knd of money on the spot, you are not aiming for a volcano anyway....
Old 05-31-2006, 08:43 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

i'm lost.. and if a girlfriend wont' let you do something. then i wouldn't marry her.. I know.. I married my best friend who was there when i was dating for years.. and wham!.. It hit me.. Here's a girl that cares but gives me my space.. Peace. And god bless.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:00 PM
chubbysuncle

Yeah But you get first dibs & all those "free" upgrades..

OH Cochese buy another RC and put the ring in your mouth. When she slaps you for buying another car you spit out the ring and propose! ...LOL
Old 05-31-2006, 09:23 PM
entity
Banned

nah.. I don't get anything for free.. I put in over 12 hour days for nothing most days.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:15 PM
DiTi

and then a relationship becomes a contract....dead
how can you be with someone that you agree at everything with?
it is a doom... its a swamp...

whoa look at me going

is there love?
that is all you need to care about

my best wishes
Old 05-31-2006, 10:23 PM
chubbysuncle

NOBODY gets anything for free. We all pay at 1 time or another.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:50 PM
entity
Banned

I posted up the add today for some property to build a dirt track here in Morris illinois.. If anyone wants to support it.. Any type of donations would be helpful.. Stickers.. banners.. some cash.. even a few bucks. whatever you can do.. Just don't think that you can't be here. Think that you can be a part of a track and tell all of your friends etc. the add will hit this friday. And go to next sunday.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:33 PM
futabaed

so we donate for braging rites or whut lol.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:58 PM
cocheese

Man you guys crack me up, Wish me luck, take it easy guys [8D]

(I'll be back Tuesday)[8D]
Old 06-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Popper252

Haha if i wasn't a 24 hour drive away I'd consider donating a little grub
But hey you can't blame him for trying [sm=greedy.gif]
Old 06-01-2006, 03:28 AM
naviuk

Hi

I know this has been asked beofre but i can't seem to find the post with the model numbers, i wanted to get the alloy knuckels and Door mounts i found one post with the knucles.. i think it's this set GPM Alloy Front Knuckle Arm HPI MT2 Nitro RS4 3 III but cannot find te door mounts, i remember also there being a bearing issue, is it the outter or inner?
Please can someone post the numbers/model again...

Thanks
Old 06-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Popper252

I believe these are what you're looking for. This set in particular comes with extra bearings for the steering arms. Just do a search on ebay for gpm mt2. That's how I found that. Good luck

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/GPM-HPI-MT2-Alloy-Front-C-hub-10-Deg-Caster-BALL-BEARNG_W0QQitemZ6062625657QQihZ009QQcategoryZ34063 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]C-Hubs[/link]
[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/GPM-Alloy-Front-Knuckle-Arm-HPI-MT2-Nitro-RS4-3-III_W0QQitemZ6061960731QQihZ009QQcategoryZ34063QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Steering Arms[/link]

Both of those are from the same seller so you might be able to save on shipping.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:33 AM
naviuk

Hi,

GREAT thanks, the c-hubs were the ones i was missing, i wanted to know what does the 10degree caster mean??? i have seen some with 1 degree etc, but not sure what they mean or which is good etc???

Thanks for the info

Cheers
Old 06-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Popper252

Yeah I'm not 100% sure what that means. There are also some that they are selling on ebay that have an 8 degree caster.
I did a search on google and came up with this [link=http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/joels_onroad2.asp]Link.[/link]
I don't know if the caster on the c-hub is on the same axis as that picture there. I think on the actual c-hub the bend would make it "lean" over more toward the wheel if you know what I mean. Either way you'd still be able to adjust it with the top turn buckle.
Hope that helps.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:49 AM
naviuk

Yeah that link pretty much explains it,

I used to have a old school beetle and when i lowered it they made it negative camber, so from that link it looks like caster and camber are meaning pretty much the samething, which makes sense that if u make a negative camber it handles better but this will also drop the front slightly, also create less chance of rolling and giving a better centre of gravity for high speed turning, but like u said u can counter it but pushing it out abit with the control arm/turn buckle.

So am i correct in saying that the c-hubs need no mods but the steering arms need different bearings?

Cheers
Old 06-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Popper252

I'll give you a tentative yes.
I haven't installed these personally so I'm not completely sure. But from what I remember reading on here it's pretty much a direct swap. You may need some different screws and a washer or two to act as spacers so the c hub will fit correctly on the bottom. But other than that nothing major is needed.
As for the bearings, some people say you don't need them and others say you do need different ones for it to be snug. But like I said before that particular auction comes with a set of bearings. I'm assuming they'd be the right size to fit the gpm steering arm.

And hey I've always wanted to say this so here it goes,
Cheers m8
Old 06-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Popper252

Well I guess I have a question too. What size are the hex wheel hubs that we have on these things. I know I could open it up and just measure but I was hoping maybe someone knew off the top of their head. I'm looking to get some aluminum ones because the plastic things I have on there now are starting to show some wear.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:04 AM
naviuk

LMAO

Well Aussies, kiwi's and Poms say Cheers Mate, I'm South African and we just say Cheers but it;s all the same in the end...

I'll get those and see what i can find, i'm trying to see if i can find some with less caster but none so far.

Thanks for the Info Mate

ORIGINAL: Popper252

I'll give you a tentative yes.
I haven't installed these personally so I'm not completely sure. But from what I remember reading on here it's pretty much a direct swap. You may need some different screws and a washer or two to act as spacers so the c hub will fit correctly on the bottom. But other than that nothing major is needed.
As for the bearings, some people say you don't need them and others say you do need different ones for it to be snug. But like I said before that particular auction comes with a set of bearings. I'm assuming they'd be the right size to fit the gpm steering arm.

And hey I've always wanted to say this so here it goes,
Cheers m8
Old 06-01-2006, 08:12 AM
naviuk

Hi

AS Far as i remember seeing on the forum they 12, but the manufactors offer alloy ones now aswell, maybe speak to Entity about some, i know he has become a dealer and is in the process of setting everything up for online shopping etc...

Cheers

ORIGINAL: Popper252

Well I guess I have a question too. What size are the hex wheel hubs that we have on these things. I know I could open it up and just measure but I was hoping maybe someone knew off the top of their head. I'm looking to get some aluminum ones because the plastic things I have on there now are starting to show some wear.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:00 AM
KSNitro

Camber is the angle that the top if the tire is in relation to the bottom of the tire. Negative camber means that the top if the tire is closer to the car than the bottom of the tire. Positive is the opposite.

Caster is the relation of the upper and lower "ball joints" in relation to the front and rear of the car. Immagine an line running through upper and lower mount. When the upper mount angles towards the rear of the car in relation to the bottom mount, you have negative caster. If the top mount angled towrads the front of the car, you have positive. You want a slightly negative caster for a more stable and less "wondering" feeling. It also helps to right the steering when you let go of the steering wheel (return to center).

Old 06-01-2006, 10:13 AM
naviuk

Hi

OOOHHHH ok cool, makes alot more sense now.

Thanks for the Info so 10 negative would be ok to use,
and if i'm correct you wouldn;t be able to correct the caster with the turn buckle because the turn buckle corrects camber not caster...

Cheers

ORIGINAL: KSNitro

Camber is the angle that the top if the tire is in relation to the bottom of the tire. Negative camber means that the top if the tire is closer to the car than the bottom of the tire. Positive is the opposite.

Caster is the relation of the upper and lower "ball joints" in relation to the front and rear of the car. Immagine an line running through upper and lower mount. When the upper mount angles towards the rear of the car in relation to the bottom mount, you have negative caster. If the top mount angled towrads the front of the car, you have positive. You want a slightly negative caster for a more stable and less "wondering" feeling. It also helps to right the steering when you let go of the steering wheel (return to center).

Old 06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
futabaed

Popper,They are 12mm hex & do come in alluminum now.
They are avaliable directly from Redcat racing .
Old 06-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Popper252

Yeah i know, I'm just a bargain hunter by nature. I was just seeing if i could find a cheap set somewhere else like on ebay or in the market place here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.