Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Team Knowitall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

M2x10mm for the setscrews
Old 06-23-2006, 03:19 PM
TopSpeedToys

Eric,

Should be 02086 then?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Team Knowitall

Uhhhh...lemme check my Cray supercomputer database (aka the beat up dell case that i keep kicking every time i turn around)

Well, no....but that *should* work since it's a 2mm screw. it's a buttonhead screw though, not an allen head screw
Old 06-23-2006, 03:41 PM
ventilo

reference of parts is not 02127 ???
Old 06-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Team Knowitall

it's not coming up in my computer which means we must not have it in stock[:@]
Old 06-23-2006, 05:00 PM
TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: Redcat Support

it's not coming up in my computer which means we must not have it in stock[:@]

Eric, this is what Phillip is talking about. It's in the books but I don't carry it.
But I don't think this is it anyway.

Mark

Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2006, 05:14 PM
ventilo

mark, i think you had found parts i search, have you that in your stock???
thanks for all guys had search for me, i can't found parts for redcat racing buggys in france!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 06:20 PM
TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: ventilo

mark, i think you had found parts i search, have you that in your stock???
thanks for all guys had search for me, i can't found parts for redcat racing buggys in france!!!

I will check and let you know, I do have some parts for Lightnings that are not listed on the website.
Are you sure this is what you need?

Mark
Old 06-24-2006, 01:52 PM
ventilo

yes mark, 02127, it's that, and i need some parts on you web site for my tornado!!!
when you tell me you have the allen screw, i make an order on your website.
your the onlyone accept to ship me redcat parts in france, i had ask to 5 or 6 dealers,
all tell me they doesn't want to ship me parts!!!
it's super to have someone who accept to sell parts anywhere in the world.
thanks mark
philippe
Old 06-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Popper252

Hey guys, I think I need a new gasket for the back plate on the motor. It's leaking a lot of oil and making a mess of things. Anyone know maybe what I could replace it with?

I found these at tower but i dunno if they work or not:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJL65&P=7

Found some HPI gaskets that look like they'll fit also:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGEE7&P=7

Feedback anyone?
Old 06-25-2006, 09:16 PM
chubbysuncle

Popper, is the oily mess coming from the gasket or from around the shaft? If you get some High Temperature Silicone gasket sealer @ an auto parts store you can remove the backplate and as long the gasket is still there use a toothpick dipped in the silicone and put a small bead all the way around. Then reinstall the backplate. Don't use too much. Do a search on all forums on sealing engines. This is a standard practice for alot of RC guys. They do it on brand new engines. They also seal all around the carb. I did it to all my enginesMy buggy engine was doing the same thing. I thought that's what was wrong with the OWB. I sealed the backplate but it leaks around the rear bushing and starter shaft. I think Mark @ Topspeed may have the new backplate and starter shaft if it is leaking there.
Man that search function is bad! Try this link. I'll see if I can find the better one. It's got pictures![link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3149942/anchors_3149942/mpage_1/key_air%252Cleaks/anchor/tm.htm#3149942
[/link]

I FOUND IT!! Woo Hoo. This is a great step by step engine sealing link.[link]http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=54465[/link]
Old 06-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Popper252

Thanks a lot buddy. I'm not sure exactly where it's leaking from but i remember the last time I took that backplate off the gasket was in pretty bad shape but I tried to salvage it. That obviously didn't work
I'll try getting a gasket from the hobby store tomorrow and if it's still really bad I'll try that sealant stuff. I just want to avoid doing that because I'm really bad at applying liquid gaskets. I always end up glopping it up and making a mess of everything.
And yeah the search function sucks... It took me 30 mins the other day to find something in the redcat forum. I can't imagine searching the whole site.
Thanks for those links.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:22 AM
chubbysuncle

Yeah that stuff can get messy LOL... I used a toothpick and the tiny flat screwdriver...Oh and ALOT of paper towels. It worked OK. The carb stuff is real easy. Q tip with alcahol to clean the metal parts and a toothpick to gob it on. seals nice. Good luck Pop!
Old 06-26-2006, 01:23 AM
mitch46701

I have a question where do they get 55 mph plus out of box ive tuned and tuned it runs pretty good idles well but Im nowhere near 50 mph. Im scared to death of jumping the thing or even putting it on a offroad track. Should I drop an OS .18 cv-r in it or what. I also notice that when you got her wrapped up pretty good and try to turn she lifts on of the front wheels and doest wanna turn real well. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old 06-26-2006, 01:37 AM
TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: ventilo

yes mark, 02127, it's that, and i need some parts on you web site for my tornado!!!
when you tell me you have the allen screw, i make an order on your website.
your the onlyone accept to ship me redcat parts in france, i had ask to 5 or 6 dealers,
all tell me they doesn't want to ship me parts!!!
it's super to have someone who accept to sell parts anywhere in the world.
thanks mark
philippe

Hey philippe, I checked but I do not carry part number 02127.
I think you will have to get the size and search on the internet.

Mark
Old 06-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Team Knowitall

ORIGINAL: mitch46701

I have a question where do they get 55 mph plus out of box

Don't ask me, I just work here. this is what you get when you let marketing people advertise an enthusiast product...that's all I can say on the matter.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
hondaidiot

Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Himoto / Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

hey guys i am new to the nitro rc car only rc car i have owned was an electric one 15yrs ago, i had been looking to spend around 200 bucks on one and planned on getting it off ebay, i have read alot of these posts and was still reading when i decided to write so sorry if this questions has already been asked, i heard these are pretty fragile but i just needed a starter car so i can get used to driving one and figured 200 wasnt bad, i have found a syclone on ebay for right around 200 bucks brand new with starter kit and i think its himoto but i dont know how many people have owned one of these so was curious as to how durable they are and what seems to break most often on them i was also looking at redcats tornado xp 1/10th buggy but i have heard alot of people saying that they have had problems getting 2nd gear i'm not so great with mechanics so was kinda looking for something i didnt have to tinker with a whole lot, but my main thing is durability and how easy or hard it would to be to get parts for so if anyone has any advice that would be great, oh and i was also looking at a smartech from ebay but i found the syclone for like 15more but still wasnt sure which to get thanks for the help and i love this site seems like a great spot to go for adivce thanks sorry for writing a novel.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Team Knowitall

honda, first thing, any car is fragile when you tag a curb at full speed.

They're great starter cars. yes, we do have some gear issues but that'll be sorted out soon (but not soon enough)

Unfortunately, (for those who aren't mechanically inclined) any nitro car is gonna require a lot of tinkering. Not trying to talk you out of a car, but I also don't want to see somebody get in over their head, get frustrated, and say "screw this!"
Old 06-26-2006, 01:12 PM
hondaidiot

thanks for the advice i knew they would take some tinkering but since i'm just starting i didnt want to get a car that i was gonna have alot of problems with out of the box and yea i am the type that would probably get frustrated and say screw it, not afraid to admit it, so guess i will look more towards the himoto or smartech was just concerned about getting parts for them if anyone has a smartech or himoto car let me know how its been running for you thanks.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 PM
mitch46701

Hey hondaidiot i bought my himoto syclone about a week ago alot of fun 20 minutes after i got it out of box o broke the clutch spring. i replaced it with a HPI 87028 clutch assembly cost me 6 bucks but have no more clutch problems and I've went through a half gallon of fuel. I also replaces the throttle servo it seemed that once the original one got a little heat on it it didn't want to open the throttle all the way so i put a Futaba s3003 servo in 12 bucks Local Hobby Shop. other than that don't flip the car at high speed or hit any inanimate objects or yes it will break something but i find that parts are easy to get ahold of on-line (www.clermontmotorsports.com) has the best prices on-line and right now doing free shipping. And if you break an axes holder go ahead and replace the axle i found it bends them ever so slightly and they are only 4 dollars for all 4. The only thing I want more of outta this car is speed and ill be happy. But then again I'M HP ADDICT so enjoy and follow those maintenance items you'll be good to go
Old 06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
hondaidiot

cool thanks mitch let me show you a link to one i found on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/NITRO-RC-CAR-REM...QQcmdZViewItem um woah that was kinda long just copy and paste that link it said it came with a vortex .18 motor so seems like its gonna move like stink lol, i just hope it doesnt have one adjustment cause i'm ready to buy it like today lol, but not if it only has one screw to adjust with cause from what i've been reading their a real pain in the neck. thanks for the link to the online store i will bookmark that, they also said on ebay that the parts are 90% compatiable with other cars such as traxxs and hpi so seems like it should be fairly easy thanks for your info just been looking to get advice before i go smacking down 200bucks on this glad i checked for message boards online first. please tell me if yours seems like the one from ebay, sorry for my novels i'm not one for short responses
Old 06-26-2006, 02:56 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would suggest you buy it from someone here like clermontmotorsports.com or topspeedtoys.com, this way you will get the support plus i think you will get a better price too. check them out.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Popper252

Hey, that car looks to be the exact same thing as the Tornado Xp. As for 90% part compatibility... not so much. I guess maybe if you get real creative but some parts are specific only to these cars.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:08 PM
ventilo

hey mark, i found this number on the manual of my tornado.
i'm sure it's the real number.
i had look on exportpro.biz web site (dealer for himoto)
can you obtain this parts for me?
thanks
philippe.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:09 PM
mitch46701

yes it is almost exactly the same as tornado only differance is the body colors that 180.00 woth starter kit is a good deal mine was 161 to the door with no starter kit. I found that the factory settings on mine were right on it has an idle adjust screw and a mixture screw. the one you are looking at is the excat same thing as mine. but do yourself a favor order or go to your local hobby shop and buy a hpi 87028 clutch kit and install it before you drive it at all. well im off to do my 45 min drive to hobby shop to buy tires cooked mine already. Have fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.