Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

A NOTE ABOUT REDCAT SUPPORT

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 05:06 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A NOTE ABOUT REDCAT SUPPORT

Just want to let everyone here know what happened to me. I bought a tornado xp from one of redcats dealers on ebay(rczero21). After about 10 days i had no tracking number so i started to write him emails, finally after threatening him i got may tracking number. I contacted other buyers of his and they all got the same story. He told me he forgot, told others it was redcats fault, etc. I started to worry, so i wrote redcat racing an email, they never got back to me, i made sure it was the right one, it was the one that Darin posted here and the one off the website (same). I waited about 5 days and called redcat directly to verify what was sent, i tried to explain the situation and about their dealer but the woman was kinda nasty and not interested in what i had to say. I am not a child (36yr old), and a business owner so i was not nasty to her, just wanted to explain. She did verify my that is was my tornado that was shipped (xp) was worried he might have sent me the cheaper one. It is supposed to be here tomorrow, so hopefully it will. This is my second redcat product, i have the volcano truck too. I am not new to the hobby but i wanted to try the truck, i was so impressed i bought the buggy too, just had a bad experince. i own the hpi rs4, kyosho fw05t, traxxas jato just bought today and several older cars and trucks battery not nitro though. i am into planes, trains, motorycles etc too. Just want to warn people about this guy and say how dissapointed i am in redcats support, i asked in my email just to email me back and let me know if the got it, and the nasty woman, i was so put off i didnt ask for her name, should have.

thanks
eddie

i know a couple of people who had the rczero21 problem knew about this website, if you read this let me know what happens
Old 03-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A NOTE ABOUT REDCAT SUPPORT

Sorry to hear about your experience. Some dealers are there to help and some are there just to make a fast buck. I know this might sound corny, but I actually build a nice customer relation with my customers. I race the nitor's with them and ride atv's(I sell redcat atv's also) on my personal track . I dont hide from the product so I cant speak for other dealers just myself. If you ever need parts or cars again, feel free to visit my site or drop me an email. I will help all I can.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:35 PM
ehroof

When i talk about the nasty woman and the email i sent with no reply, i meant redcatcacing's email and phone number not the dealers, thats why i am a little upset. though a company new in a very big market would respond and treat their customers better, i have been reading your posts all over the site and will be sure to deal with one of you guys when i need something.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:25 AM
rczero21

Hi this is rczero21 I apoligized to you for the inconvienece that was caused. I really think that it is wrong of you to come on here and bash my business and support that I give my customers. I am here to help out my customers not to be a pain. I am not making any excuses for your bad expirence, I am just saying that I have apoligized and do not see it proper for you to come on here and tell people to "watch out for this guy" you make it sound like I am somekinda criminal on a wanted list or something. I also would like to say that Darin and the rest of the support staff at redcat racing have always been helpful and with a little patience which it seems that most people dont have these days you would find them helpfull too. Also I have stopped selling Redcat vehicles on ebay due to the fact that the customers have been almost impossible to satisfy due to there lack of patience. I am going to offer these products through a land based store instead of online. Anyway I just had to let you know that I do not appreciate the bashing of my name nor business.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:20 AM
ehroof

It would be understandable if only one person (me) had a problem with you and your business but everyone i contacted who bought from you had a problem. You didnt ship my buggy until 2/24 i paid you by paypal on 2/14. i had to write you several email and finally treaten you to get a tracking number. The other people i emailed about you said the same thing, only different stories you told, redcats fault etc. I recieved my buggy on 3/3. I noticed they took all your posts off here about being a dealer. I wonder why???? If you werent up to no good, why didnt you just ship the thing when i paid or a couple of days later. You said you forgot, its not like you have 100's of auctions going on ebay, i think you sold 10 or so in 2 weeks. Still dont understand.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:28 AM
ehroof

Just one more thing, what did you think was going to happen when you treated and lied to people like you did? I still left you a positive feedback since i did get the car and it works and i didnt mention anything about the problems i had. I also dont think it is unreasonable for you to ship something a day or two or even three after you are paid, I paid you 1 hr after the auction ended.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Xeller8

10 days to ship and another week to get it?? not to mention several e-mail attempts with no response??...thats not good customer service and I don't blame you a bit for being pissed.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:48 PM
thecool1

YEAH! take that. maybe next time you'll ship your products sooner than a week after you are paid.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Xeller8

A week??....try almost 3...thats rediculous and there really is NO excuse for it.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:49 PM
platinumchopper

yeah, im co-owner for JBMODS - custom xmods and RC parts, and we check our orders every freakn day and send the product the day after we recieve the order! "thats rediculous and there really is NO excuse for it" like Xeller8 said!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:25 PM
RedcatRacing

Ehroof,

Can you email me your order number and or last name directly to [email protected] Let me look into the order as it was probably drop shipped directly to you from us anyway. I sure would like to see what the reason for the delay was and will surely let you know.

On another note, I will be the first to admit that our first 4 months of business have been rather interesting. We only started offering RC products in November and things have exploded more than expected. We did not have the correct personel in place to handle the demand and though we are better than we were just 30 days ago we are far from perfect. Within 60 days you should see some drastic changes with service, support, part pricing etc...

I feel our back end computer system is very good and there is no reason your order should have taken more than 24-48 hours to ship and I am very very interested to get to the bottom of this.

I apologize if someone was rude to you on the phone, not sure who it could have been as we have had multiple people that work in our other business lending a hand that had no clue what an RC car was much less how to help someone. This was done when we noticed how overwhelming the demand on the product was but it is now limited to only a very few people that only handle Redcat Racing.

Please email me the info above and I will get you an email back with the entire history of the order.

Darin
Old 03-06-2006, 11:29 PM
platinumchopper

Thanks for listening to us Darin!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:38 PM
RedcatRacing

Sure, you know its funny, looking at all the threads some positive some negative is all a great thing. As the owner of Redcat I can see where we have faults what we need to work on to get better. I have had a few business, some very big some small some mid sized and the main thing I am learning through the years is each and every product has a very different customer base. Our main business of ATV's is a dealer only cusotmer base, they have certain needs, demands, desires and we latch on to those needs and move forward as a company. On the other hand the RC Nitro business is a hobby and sport and demands, needs and desires of those buyers are totally different than an ATV dealer. Therefore, changing the business is extremely important to fit the needs and wants of the certain buyer.

When I decided to take on RC Cars for me it was simply a passion for the hobby, thinking we could fit our current back end processing, pricing etc with our ATV's into the new business was a chance. Some things fit perfectly but other things needed and need a totally different way of doing business.

All in all its all fun and we change our ways by the day to make things work.

Darin
Old 03-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Xeller8

<--------applauding Darin![8D]

Hang in there bubba....I sent you a couple of extra fire extinguishers as an early (or late) X-mas present...LOL!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:09 AM
platinumchopper

same here!!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:58 PM
sheldon

so Darin, I am trying to get your products started up in Hawaii, but your company wants me to pay over $500.00 for my first order, I find that a bit much, not knowing how it will sell here, Most companies i have dealt, with have given me a sample or two, and I could go and introduce it to everyone, would you please think about this. I think i can sell alot of your buggies the 1/8 scales. I am sure they will change the motor but for the right price they will not mind! Get back to me okay Thank you
Old 03-23-2006, 05:51 PM
armysoldier85

Please help me, i've been getting as much information as possible so I can about rczero21 give to the FBI. I bought 3 laptops from this seller on ebay totalling $2100. He gave me a dumb excuse and and said he'd give me a refund. I waited a week and still no refund. I filed a complaint via paypal and they were only able to get $175 from him. I kept trying to call and email. He never responded. He said he is trying to get my money back but no response after that! I told him I needed the laptops because I am going to get deployed soon! I don't know how someone could rip a 20yr old off who is going ot get deployed!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 05:56 PM
ehroof

sorry bro, this guy is a bum, see if you can get any contact info off ebay, i was worried when i saw him selling laptops, i did get my item though it just took a long time. you should be able to get his phone number, address and other info from ebay or paypal.
maybe somebody else who delt with him will see this and have more information for you.,

good luck
Old 03-23-2006, 05:59 PM
armysoldier85

The info off the seller info on ebay is all wrong. Paypal can't give any information out. I am going to call redcat racing beause he is a seller for that company. I want to ruin everything about him and his business!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:01 PM
ehroof

i think he did that to himself already. i know he did have a website with the redcat stuff on it, i never saved the page and i cant find it. i dont think that redcat is dealing with him anymore, i already turned them on to him along with some other people, cant hurt to call though. maybe they can help you out.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:05 PM
armysoldier85

I had the link to the webpage,but now it is out. Maybe they'll be able to help me to contact him.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Xeller8

I am SOOOOOO damn glad I turned him in for spamming way back when he first came on here...hopefully that saved a few people from going to his site and becoming future victims!!!

Sorry to hear what happened to you dude...thats just WRONG!

Guess now we know what the "zero" in that guys screen name stands for!
Old 07-15-2006, 08:11 AM
rhodified

omfg...i hate spastic ebay sellers...especially when they're in such a hurry to get their money...like immediate payment only auctions, then they take a month to sell...i'm a very experienced ebay buyer...from what i've learned, before you make a big and expensive purchase, try getting into contact with the seller before you buy your stuff...just to see if you can make contact, if not...i wouldn't even bother buying because you know their customer support is going to lack and who knows how long its going to take for your order to get in...also, take a very, very good look at their feedback...some sellers have the crappy responses to their negative feedbacks dogging on the buyers for being "noobs" and whatnot, but most of the time, that's not the case...the seller is just a jerk...i will say though, there are some really good redcat dealers on ebay now...the guy i bought my volcano from gave me an awesome price and threw in a lot of spare parts