Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

My First Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 06:10 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My First Wreck

Hey guys,

We had our first wreck today, a pretty good one. Nothing really happened except the body totaly cracked, the dogbone in the front bent. I am having a little problem with it rolling freely though. It seem to roll freely and then stick, over and over. it rolls freely backwards though. It will idle without a problem so its not the clutches. there are no rocks, pebbles in the gears, each tire seems to run freely. i bent the dogbone straight in the front. One way bearing???? Any suggestions would be appreciated. figured someone else has had this problem.

thanks
eddie

Ordered new body, dogbone etc from someone on this forum.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:37 PM
chopper22980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My First Wreck

hey guy i have a smarttech buggy and it did the same thing.come to find out the smalldrive gear in the rear gear box had worn down.
it did as you described,roll freely then not then roll freely again.it was worn so bad that it wouldnt catch the other gear like it should,
and it would bind then roll freely again.could be in the front or rear of yours if that is the problem.hope this helps you,let me know what you find out.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:46 PM
ehroof

thanks, maybe if i diconnect the front driveshaft, then try, then the rear shaft and try i will get a better idea. Thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 07:57 PM
chopper22980

thats probaly what i should have done,but no i had to take the whole thing apart lol.at least i did find the problem.it took me awhile to pinpoint it but it was worth it,cause now i will know if there is a next time lol.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:02 PM
ehroof

the truck has very little use, i wonder if a small, single flip could strip a gear, will check and post, probable over the weekend
Old 03-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Eddie, check and make sure the motor didn't move at all, and there for messing up the gears .We have had this happen before. Also, another one had a problem with a screw in the back that hit the axle holder when the screw was tightened all the way. I belive it was a screw that held the tank down. He actually had a groove in the axle holder. Just a thought.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:57 PM
ehroof

thank you , will check that too, just took a quick look when i wrecked, will either look tommorrow. over the weekend or when i get the dogbone.

More input please, this way i can check everything at one time, instead over and over