Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

sad day I kill the engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 09:28 PM
srt4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sad day I kill the engine

The car ran out of gas. I was messing with the TH trim cause I was adj. it and turn it the wrong way(wide open). I gave the receiver to my wife and put the ignitor on and pulled the cord. the car starded and ran off and my wife and I freaked out, long story short I ran to get the car for about 2 min and turn it off . The ignitor was still in it . when I walk to the spot where I was, checked the temp. and was 275 .Let it cool downand took of the plug and it was toast. I got a used one, but the car didnt strart. It feels that theirs no comp. on the engine.I will double check tomorrow if the engine is dead or not. The ignitor was almost out of batt. and the glow plug was not new. I have looked on the web for the engine and I found one new for $100. anybody knows a place cheeper. thanks
Old 04-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Fltlander

Default RE: sad day I kill the engine

GO TO THIS WEB SITE AND CHECK THE PRICE FOR A NEW ENGINE WWW.REDCATRACING.COM
Old 04-16-2006, 10:50 PM
srt4

thanks
Old 04-16-2006, 11:06 PM
blackdogafd

hey man if your looking for an engine upgrade i would check your LHS and look into getting a .18 O.S. Engine, they have one that will bolt right in place of your old one
Old 04-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Popper252

I don't know if this is a dumb question or not but couldn't you just replace the cylinder sleeve or possibly even the piston head? Because i'm assuming if you lost compression that's where it's going to happen. I don't know if it'd be too hard to find the right parts or not but you think maybe that'd be cheaper than buying a whole new engine?