Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

newbie help - buggie keeps stalling

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

newbie help - buggie keeps stalling

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:15 PM
krazyk000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie help - buggie keeps stalling

well first of all, i have to say even with the problems i have had this thing is a blast. i was out mud bogging it today after the rain storms and made my first ramp and jump (its jumped before, just not off a ramp). i have run 5 or 6 tanks through it, i still have not taken it full throttle yet but after running it for a while (5-10 minutes) it seems to heat up real bad and lose power or stall out and not start back up for a while. is this just the low end now needing to be adjusted since the engine should be broken in now? if so, how do i adjust it, counter clock wise or clock wise? also, what are some good upgrade tires for the hurricane xp (what i have)? the stock ones seem to be hard to control in the sand or in any wet environment. thanks for all the help.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:19 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: newbie help - buggie keeps stalling

first off, you shouldnt be running the buggy is mud and water, it will rust, not to mention ruin the radio equipment. sounds like your running to lean, you should open (turn counterclockwise) the high end needle 1/8 a turn, drive it and see how it works. low end is for take off, if it hesitates on take off open the low end an 1/8 turn, if it is getting worse then do the opposite. Make sure its blowing out smoke while your driving it.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:37 PM
krazyk000

every once and a while i see smoke come out of it but not very often. what does the smoke coming out of it mean?

i see what you mean about the water and mud getting in where the servo unit is. here i would have thought an off road four wheel drive buggy would have a water proof unit for that. i cleaned the water and mud out. it didnt want to repond at first after doing that but i cleaned up the terminals where the batteries plug into and it works again. now if only i could keep it running.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:41 PM
nitrosteve22

The smoke means the piston and sleeve are being lubricated. Since the fuel basically is the lubricant for the engine its important to remember richer is better than leaner. Without proper lubrication it will cause excessive wear on the piston/sleeve assembly.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Popper252

The smoke just means that there is enough oil/fuel burning to keep your engine properly cooled and lubed up.
With nitro engines a nice stream of smoke while you're driving is a good thing.

Edit: Haha beat me to it nitrosteve.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:50 PM
krazyk000

so since i am not getting smoke all the time i want to make it run richer. thanks guys.