Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Hurricane Xp engine temperature

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Team Knowitall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hurricane Xp engine temperature

Mozzy, I'm comparing the stock head (for the XTM .247 pro, which to be fair, is significantly bigger than the one on the Team Infinity .27) to the American CNC gigantor mammoth head.

and mozzy...lean the sucker out...run it to about 230 or so...adn then tell me what kind of performance you've been losing.

And just for the record, with my experiance with temp guns, the ones I've used read directly from the surface...they usually aren't affected by an insignificant amount of distance, i.e. one inch.

Also, why would you want your car to run at 230 when it runs better at 280? You SHOULD NOT tune by temp...checking temps should only be done to make sure you don't cook your engine like a baked potato. if your engine runs great at 240, run it at 240, if it runs great at 295, run it at 295, but the temperature your engine runs great at will vary with weather-things like humidity, barometric pressure, temperature, elevation, etc etc, all affect it, so if you're tuning your engine to run a specific temp, you'll wind up yanking your hair out wondering why it didn't go as fast as it did last time.

I'm not trying to argue with you, mozzy, and the difference in your climate may have made the ACNCM head make a bigger difference in your engine than it did on mine...but I'm trying to educate you, not start a monstrous flame war (Just for the record-I didn't get any sense of hostility from you so don't take it that way )

Remember, also, the advice I give is based on my personal experiances. Other people have had different experiances, and while this doesn't mean anybody's wrong, I'm also not gonna pass off anybody else's opinions as my own.

but...my advice is to tune for performance and keep it under 300 degrees
Old 08-13-2006, 01:48 AM
hazel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hurricane Xp engine temperature

MY MOTOR IS A SH 0.28 AND I NEED THE MANUFACTER SETTINGS[]