Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Hurricane Engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:51 PM
///AMG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane Engine problems

Hi guys. This is my first post here on this site. I have had my buggy for like six months most of the time it just sits in the basement. (winter) But today since it was so nice out, I took it too an open parking lot and was havin fun with it for like 30 min. ran great no problem started up fine. Then I played with the needle some making it leaner the frist half turn no change. Then the second quarter turn again no change then the third quarert turn clockwise. There was a big change and it got very fast the fastest it has very gone!!! Not as much smoke but still very visible smoke. Rpms raised a lot. After a few full speed passes the engine made a pop noise and died immediatley. Did i blow the engine? it starts up and drives around but as soon I floor it dies again. thanks.
Ladi
Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hurricane Engine problems

sounds like its running too lean and you were overheating it, try to richen it up a little and run it, you have to run between changes to let the engine adjust to the new fuel settings and burn the fuel that is in the engine already
Old 03-27-2007, 07:16 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

And don't be too worried about wheather or not you hurt it, that engine can take a pounding and still keep running, just don't suck a ton of dirt in the carb like I did, lol, that is bad emmkkaayyy.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:04 PM
///AMG55

O figured i didnt blow the engine because it started up right away, again but then again I kinda wish i did so that i maybe I could up too somethin bigger. lol.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:57 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Here check this out, if you do blow that engine you need to get a STS Monster 30 engine.
I put one in my Hurricane XP
[link=http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t174/AllAboutFunHobbies/?action=view&current=HurricaneVideo2.flv]http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t174/AllAboutFunHobbies/?action=view&current=HurricaneVideo2.flv[/link]
Old 03-28-2007, 12:06 AM
RoadBurner

If you keep running lean like it is, it won't take to long to burn up the piston! Just ride it hard on the lean side and that should set you up for a new motor! Highly NOT recommended
Old 03-28-2007, 08:23 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

You talking to me? It's not running lean it just looks like it is in the video you can't see the trail of smoke. STS recomends 30% nitro, but we run 20% so it's getting enough oil and it's dial in perfect.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:53 PM
RoadBurner

No not you allaboutfun...... ///AMG55......allabout your rc looks and sounds great! Guess I could have been a little more clear as to who I was talking to!