Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

WHY AND HOW DO REDCAT WEELS WOBBLE CAN YOU HELP STOP IT PLEASE THANKS???????????????????????????????

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

WHY AND HOW DO REDCAT WEELS WOBBLE CAN YOU HELP STOP IT PLEASE THANKS???????????????????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 04:24 PM
123michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY AND HOW DO REDCAT WEELS WOBBLE CAN YOU HELP STOP IT PLEASE THANKS???????????????????????????????

HOW CAN I FIX IT OR PREVENT IT.ALL AS IM SAYING IS I DONT THINK ITS THE BEARINGS.EHROOF WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO HES AN EXPERT AT ALL THIS.OW GUYS IM NOT A BEGGINNNER ENY MORE WITH A SUMACHER MENACE ON MY HANDA.THANKS
Old 06-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Kemo

Default RE: WHY AND HOW DO REDCAT WEELS WOBBLE CAN YOU HELP STOP IT PLEASE THANKS???????????????????????????????

hit that caps button so its easier for us to read your posts.

There are a few reasons they could be wobbling. Either they were poorly glued, they are not balanced, or you have something loose or not connected correctly when bolting up the tires.

If its not balanced, use playdoh to balance it.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:03 PM
123michael

Default RE: WHY AND HOW DO REDCAT WEELS WOBBLE CAN YOU HELP STOP IT PLEASE THANKS???????????????????????????????

thay always wobble and all redcats should do so you know ow ow
Old 06-02-2007, 06:12 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you may have a flat spot on the tire, i store my cars and truck on blocks of wood so the tires are off the ground, if they sit in one spot too long, especially truck tires, they will develope a flat spot. Also if the tires were not put on true they will wobble..
Old 06-02-2007, 07:28 PM
ENR_Kyle

oh man.. I have a HUGE wobble problem with mine.. atleast it ok on the ground.. in the air its really bad..

how do you mean ballance it with playdoh?... like take the tire appart?..
Old 06-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Kemo

on the inside of most wheels, there are "slots" if you wanna call them that. If you have a way to spin your tire on a pencil, you can find where the heavy spot is in the wheel. What you do is take some play doh, and put it on the opposite side, in one of the "slots" on the inside of the wheel. Sooner or later, that wheel/tire is going to spin perfect.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:47 PM
ENR_Kyle

do you glue it in or does it just stay?..

I will give that a try. thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Kemo

here is the problem though, if its the wheel and its that wobbly, then its not worth balancing. I have a feeling it has to do with the vehicle itself and the quality of assembly.

If there is slop when the tire is secured... get to the point of slop and fix it. For all we know, could be your steering linkages.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:42 AM
123michael

its the weel guys its always done it wobbly you know dont you?[&:][&:][&:]
Old 06-03-2007, 10:09 AM
rclynx

Over 90% of the wheel wobble problems are just from what ehroof tried to explain................cars or trucks sitting on a shelf on the tires. Most of the time the tires will have foam in them and the foam gets a flat spot which you cannot see but it sure will wobble. When you run a car or truck for long hours and set those tires on the ground or a flat surface the hot foam can mould itself to a flat spot perminatly. The next highest problem is with blobs of heavy weight when those chinese dudes put the tire in the injection mold and in that case you need to replace the tire. Next is the tire being out of round in which case you could buy a tire trueing machine which a lot of the racing guys do and make the tires perfect. Next comes the bent or badly moulded rim AKA wheel, if its not true through it away it never will be.

All you guys who buy these things haven't you noticed the rectangled piece of cardboard under your car or truck when your unpacking. It has nothing in it because its a support to keep the tires off the flat surface [:-] well unless someone tries to save money and leaves it out from the fatcory []
Old 06-04-2007, 06:23 AM
123michael

no i mean the hex is also wobbly as well so youy know coz i dontl.it moves through the hub
Old 06-04-2007, 10:04 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HUH?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:57 PM
123michael

yes moves through the hub il send a vid in and really show you what i mean.its done it all the time man im not messin.cant berleave its happerned to knowone eltse[X(][X(]
Old 06-04-2007, 09:50 PM
ENR_Kyle

I dont understand what you mean, A Video would help.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

123michael... try to take your time when your posting. It is very hard to understand. Your a good guy, and for christmas I am going to get you something special. Lets just keep it at that.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:22 AM
123michael

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=123nitromike

right here is the video of it you can see there is me talking by the way it wobbles through the hub remember
Old 06-09-2007, 11:50 AM
123michael

no one helpin plzzz
Old 06-09-2007, 12:06 PM
bluecaka69

check your bearings in the hub and make sure bolt is tight that holds wheels on they are goin to wobble a little no matter what you do even all my 500-600 dollar car the wheels wobble a little
Old 06-09-2007, 04:47 PM
123michael

i will but the weels are tight on man
Old 06-10-2007, 01:40 AM
bamutt03

ya man i have had it wobble because of the bearing , thay where just worn bad and if you have a bent axle it will give you some wobble, i had replaced both and it runs stiaght. the uni axles suck thay are thiner and dont allow for full suspention travel like the stock ones do, but if thay do bend the wheel will still run true. it kind of a trade off, but i still like the stock axles!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:12 AM
nantucket

So did you figure it out yet Mike? If not, I think I might know what your problem is.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

that video has nothing to do with a wobble. That is you telling people where the screws are to take off motor and where the carb is and where the shoes are.. Not to sure why you made a vid like that lol?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:32 AM
nantucket

OK Mike, you didn't reply, but heres my theory anyway (just in case anybody was wondering ). Assuming that all redcat/himoto rc's are the same, the hexes that the wheels mount to have two (2) set screws in them. Remove the tire and loosen the two (2) set screws using a 5/16" allen wrench, put the tire back on and snug it up, do not over tighten it. Tighten the tire a little bit at a time (maybe 1/8 of a turn) and then wiggle the wheel. Once you are happy with the amount of wobble spin the tire to see if it still spins freely, if it don't you have to remove the tire and use a small flat head screwdriver to pry the hex away from the bearing carrier, and then start over. You'll get the hang of it quickly, trust me! Repeat on each wheel and your wobbly wheels should wobble no more! Don't forget to tighten the set screws when you are finished.[8D]

I hope this helps somebody fix their wobbly wheels. It fixed mine!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:14 PM
BaLLZaCH

Could I say something stupid here ?

Maybe not related to 'your' issue, BUT, what about the A-arms and hinge pins ? There is leverage from the end-links and can wobble the a-arm 'hing pin hole' around the pin. Try taking the wheel off, grab the knuckle (Where the upper and lower arms join) between your thumb and finger, and see if you can twist forward and back (Easily)...

This ''could'' be a wobble problem.

LOL Clermont I think you are right about the video, but, 'possibly' Mike posted the ''wrong link'' ??????????? Maybe ???? MAYBE ? ???

See ya,

Old 06-17-2007, 07:12 AM
123michael

no i dident post the wrong link its just that i put a new vid on u tube and they move all the vids up lol lol.thanks for the help guys i am trying to put the stupid hump back in and its hard to do so.im going to change the ends on them so they slot in nicely on the y lead.the weels wobble right through the hex and im going to put a dot of super glue behind the hex so that the weels dont wobble. it does have a lot of play tho man.sorry ive not been on here a lot lately but im going to be on i bit more often now guys ok so.....i love the help thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.