Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Question for all RedCat owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 12:40 AM
CrazyMento

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for all RedCat owner

Where did you guys hear about Redcat Racing and what motivate you to buy their prodcuts? I am in the market for a new mini and their $100 mini caught my eye but i am not sure about the quality. Any advice?

I found Redcat only on the RCU and i dont see them anywhere else , especially in the stores.

Please dont reply if you work for Redcat, sell RedCat or sponsored by them. I want true consumer experience. Thanks
Old 06-26-2007, 06:42 AM
xoutas

Default RE: Question for all RedCat owner

I stumbled across redcat on ebay, I was looking to get into the hobby w/ my son & found the volcano SV for $180 w/ free shipping. Considering most of these cars & trucks gor for $400 & up, I figured it was a relatively inexpensive way to get into the hobby. It turned out good for us, since we beat the hell out of it and I've had minimal damage and it's still running great w/ a little more than 2 gallons through it. Now I have a Tornado BB & a Tsunami from Redcat & a Jato from Traxxas & all three of my redcats are great, I love 'em. You can't beat them for the price, you might need to make a few upgrades or adjustments, but that's it. Search the forum & you will see.

There is a review from RCU about the shockwave and tornado here http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=880 Check it out
Old 06-26-2007, 07:06 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i found out about them on ebay, i have several of them, the best being the hurricane. For the money you cant go wrong, especially the $99 one.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:23 AM
mozzzy_2000

I actually bought the Himoto version of the Hurricane, the Torpeda, not from what I had heard but basically it was the cheapest best value entry level buggy I could find. Since it was my first nitro I didnt want anything to expensive as the chances of buggering it up was high. I'm with ehroof. Simply exceptional value for what you get.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:30 AM
rclynx

I went backwards from China to find out about them.................there are a lot of quirks about the Redcat models and you will have to work on them more than likely. You cannot expect a $100.00 dollar car or truck or even a $300.00 car or truck to compare with equal models of better name brands[&o]

the best being the hurricane.
That couldn't be a more true statement
Old 06-26-2007, 07:48 AM
mozzzy_2000

You cannot expect a $100.00 dollar car or truck or even a $300.00 car or truck to compare with equal models of better name brands
yes you can! The hurricane/torpeda is almost exactly a clone of a Kyosho MP7.5 but at half the price. I have both and in many ways the torpeda is actually the superior buggy. Its certianly higher quality than the MP7.5 sports RTR thats for sure!!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I'm with Mozzy, The Kyosho MP7.5 is way over priced for the quality.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:00 AM
{GBI}Harryball

I found out about them from another website, then i googled the name and bought my first one from redcat directly. My first redcat was a tornado xp and it has been a great vehicle. Its been run over buy a real car, jumped off a parking ramp, and last night was on the track taking triples like nothing. When my duratrax and jato are down i can always turn to my redcats. They do have there problems, but ALL rc vehicles due. The problems with the redcats are so minor that its not even worth mentioning. The other thing is the support forums here. If something does go wrong, you will find the answere here. Good luck on your choice.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:00 AM
bluecaka69

if you are talking about the buggy for 99.99 its not a mini its a 1/10th scale thought id let you know
Old 06-27-2007, 07:18 PM
leemunger

I was in the market for an entry level nitro rc truck. I found 4 that were the same, the Redcat Volcano SV, Amax thwarter, Himoto Eldorado, and the Hsp behemoth. The reason I choose a Redcat was there website. The forums and the live chat (although no ones on). I couldn't find a web site for Amax or Hsp. Himoto has one but it's really hard to navigate and find parts. The week I've had my Volcano it's taken a beating but so far its holding out fair. A few bent shocks, bent axle and a hole in my exaust. The way I look at it is you can break an expensive one just as easy as oh I'll say an in expensive one.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Mcat

I bought my Redcat Tsunami from a dealer down in Arizona off of Ebay. I feel really good about my truck, it takes an absolute beating and is always looking for more. It was about half as much as many trucks and seems to be right on the same level as them. I have also found that Redcat is very eager to help you when you have a problem. I did some clutch work before ever starting it, the aluminum bell tends to raise problems with the spur gear and I knew this when buying the truck, Redcat took the extra effort to throw in a steel bell in the package with the truck, I didn't say that I wanted one or anything, they just knew there was a problem and they did what they could to address it.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Defmeq

I found them on ebay. This fourum is one great reason to buy a Redcat, people here just plain rock. Expect to buy 2 new servos for your Redcat but after that you should be home free. I dont own a tornado but i would bet money that 2 standard servos for like 11 bucks a piece would be perfect for it and the radio isnt really that bad. for 100 plus 20-25 for servos you still cant really get a better deal on such a good quality R/C.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Kemo

i got my kit thru redcat for below their cost. I was quite happy about that
Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 PM
madmax93

Any comments, good or bad on this truck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=002
Old 08-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Crazziee

I have not heard anything bad about that truck. But if you could spare a few more bucks I would get a 1/8th scale. They seem to be better built....
Old 08-14-2007, 02:17 PM
shockwavekyle

thats the same company i bought my shockwave from and i love it
Old 08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
skrotch

I bought my Volcano from that company also! They are no good at giving any sort of advice! They tried to tell me that my Volcano SV had a 2 speed tranny! I called them on it and they told me that it was and they didn't appreciate me telling them that they don't know their own product! You guys can decide for yourselves if you go back to them. I will stick with sellers that know what they are talking about. All of the sellers that I have dealt with that use this forum are great! Send them your business!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:51 PM
alpha1one3

I like the my redcat volcano sv. Its a nice truck took alot of beatings not to mention a jump that went over 10ft and nothing broke. But the volcano has some compatiable parts with hpi and some other brands and my local hobby shop. I must say that it is good for the price I payed. I saw it on ebay for $189 and free shipping! Broke nothing yet and about 1 gallon through it. I am thinking of getting a tornado BB because I want to race my dad! But heard some parts are always sold out for the tornado bb. Its a good RC truck for begginners and I like racing regular cars(neighbors) when I get bored or tail behind them just for fun. I must say redcatracing is great because I sent back my faulty remote and they sent me back a brand new electrical system such as receivers,servos,etc. Which made me happy since I have spare parts now. Recatracing is a good company since its brand new and all. They will get noticed by the local hobby shops and redcat will be number one eventually.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Mcat

I am really surprised at just how good my Tsunami has been. I was expecting to have some problems simply because it is considered an entry level truck. When I first got it I was really easy on it because I have heard a lot of complaints about the durability of Redcat products, however, I got past this and regularly beat this thing. I jump it almost daily, I have wrecked it countless times, and it has only suffered a bent shock. So far, I love this truck and it is unbeatable for the price.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:05 PM
vnmsgt

I first saw them on ebay but never bought one because I wanted to see one in person to make sure of the quality and thought it would be real cheap but I finally saw one in person and a new shop by my house and was completely impressed by their product and price I bought it on the spot and I love it. I think the quality of some of there products (monsoon I own) is equal to or better than 400-500 dollar products.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Mr_Byte

I just got my tornado this week. It rocks. I paid a bit more than the website, but that was at a LHS, just opened in town and has Redcat in stock. (Family Toys and Hobbies, in Ocala, FL) I also got the starter kit from him, it's the Redcat one.

I've not had any real issues other than trying to sort out my 2spd transmission which I just installed. Engine fired right up, broke it in, it's still on the 1st glow plug.

I've had Traxxas and an HPI, and I'd say that Redcat is probably better quality that Traxxas, not quite as nice as HPI.

My sole complaint, and this isn't a quality issue, but more a "I bought the wrong thing" is that it's not high enuf to really do well in the grass. I'm probably going to put on some larger tires, I think from the tsunami or something. (They'd be about the size tire/rim from my Rustler/Stampede)

I did bend the rear shock tower, so that's going to be upgraded later, but I just straightened it out for now, and back on the road. Lesson here is not to run your buggy into the shrubbery and hit something.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:13 AM
ehroof

you will need to lower the gears on the clutch bell if you put bigger tires on it, it will be a pig if you put bigger tires and rims on it.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:30 AM
ichbinanthrax

Yea, I've never liked Traxxis due to the low quality of most of their cars. HPI however, I like most of their cars, because out of the ones I've used, They all seem VERY high quality (Rs4, Savage, MT2). Sure, Redcat isn't the best quality, but their prices make up for this. You can buy a car and still have enough money to replace most of the parts if you break them.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:50 PM
ehroof

I dont know, i love my traxxas stuff, i have the tmaxx, jato, nitro rustler and elect. rustler. They are pretty pricey but i have no problems with them.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:35 PM
farmboy30

i too found them on ebay, and then looked into them before buying... for the money they are a great value. I have yet to any serious problems with my tornado bb and i have gone through almost 4 gallons of fuel.. i am totally happy with the quality, especially considering it is a rtr made in china

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.