Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tsunami EPX

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:47 PM
NitroKiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tsunami EPX

OK, took the new car out and made a couple of passes with it. With the fully charged stock 1800 battery it came with, should this thing have some speed to it? The car didn't have a whole lot of run time(less than 5 minutes, and that's being nice). Couldn't get any air... nothing, pretty much stuck to the ground like a slug(oh, it moved some dirt one time). So, if I buy a 3000 nimh battery would this help or do I have to invest in the brushless system for $120 bucks? I'm really hesitant to sink more money into something with borderline performance. Yes I know it's a RTR, but....shouldn't it at least run better than a toys r us car?????(I know what your saying already, it's not the car it's the driver) Sorry if this offends any die hard Redcat folks(my apologies). This car looks good, but for me has been a disappointment from day one.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:29 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: Tsunami EPX

Are you using the stock battery that came with it? A good 3000 mah or larger battery will help but you cant go wrong with brushless and from what I have seen and read the redcat brushless systems are pretty good.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:08 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know what one your talking about but here is my stock volcano in a video, we were pleased with it, using stock batteries in this video, i dont know about the others since i just put the brushless system in them without running them with the stock stuff, go brushless 100%.

stock volcano epx: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YE7oPkoCIZk

brushless tornado: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KywosfFnmV0

i have a brushless tsunami, only ran it a couple of times, will make some video soon of it
Old 02-09-2008, 03:19 PM
NitroKiller

I watched your video of the stock volcano, my car runs absolutely nothing like what you have. About the only way to get it going that fast is to strap some Estes E rocket motors to it. How long does you stock battery last?
Old 02-09-2008, 03:21 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about 8 minutes, the stock battery takes some cycling to get it to work decent, i also use a much better than stock battery charger, you will have to charge and discharge that battery a few times to get it to work decent, i would suggest a good battery and charger to get more out of your car.