Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

new plug????

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:32 AM
jumpanddrop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new plug????

i went out to get a new plug for a .18 and the hobby shop gave me a mc coy mc-59. when i compared my old one with the new one, the new one looked alot longer. is this plug to long???. will it wreak my engine???
Old 03-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Cam_132

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new plug????

Yes they are perfactily fine that is the same thing i run in my vx-18
Old 03-09-2008, 02:18 PM
jumpanddrop

ya this is for a g3.0 engine. i hope it will be ok. i tryed to measure how much clearnce in the head and its was close to how long the plug is.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Cam_132

i have no idea but i have the same plug and my frend has a g3.0 engine in his hpi nitro mt2 and he also uses the same plug at it works grate... so it is fine
Old 03-09-2008, 08:30 PM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: retard1322

i have no idea but i have the same plug and my frend has a g3.0 engine in his hpi nitro mt2 and he also uses the same plug at it works grate... so it is fine
welll i tryed it today and it worked great. i was surprised that i could feel a little power gain from the longer plug
Old 03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Redharris

Ive run the MC 59. I noticed it abit longer than my Usual OS a3, but it works fine in my VX.18
Old 03-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Cam_132

ya it is becouse you gain a littel compresion witch = more power... to much compresson = Fireing early and runing poorly or not at all... i have actually seen a engine run backwords from too much compresson!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:18 PM
jumpanddrop

ya it is becouse you gain a littel compresion witch = more power... to much compresson = Fireing early and runing poorly or not at all... i have actually seen a engine run backwords from too much compresson!
lol we used to do that to my freinds 2 stroke dirtbike. you just have to push start it backwards and its starts in reverse. lol we never did get good at riding backwards espeshaly when the powerband kicked in
Old 03-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: jumpanddrop

lol we used to do that to my freinds 2 stroke dirtbike. you just have to push start it backwards and its starts in reverse. lol we never did get good at riding backwards espeshaly when the powerband kicked in
LMAO.....Thats sounds like an episode from McGuyver!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Cam_132

ORIGINAL: jumpanddrop

LOL that sounds like fun! And that power band... [X(]... OOH mythbusters is on!!! g2g