Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

RC'S ARE ADDICTING!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC'S ARE ADDICTING!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Redharris

Yep... Addictive for sure!
I only started this last Xmas and I have 2 Volcanoes and a Monsoon.
Soon to have something NEW! which averages out to about 1 a month.

join the club Rich....one every month so far...I gotta buy one next month to keep it going...lol
Old 03-29-2008, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only got one and a half gallons of fuel through both my RC's and have already spent over $1,300.00 on a Tsunami and T-Maxx 3.3 with upgrades and parts and to buy them. I like upgrading them so I guess that would be an addiction.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Macanan

I've only got one and a half gallons of fuel through both my RC's and have already spent over $1,300.00 on a Tsunami and T-Maxx 3.3 with upgrades and parts and to buy them. I like upgrading them so I guess that would be an addiction.
R U KIDDING? i thought with all those upgrades u would have like 10 gallons threw each.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:46 PM

Before October nothing, now here is my family (crazy thing is its still winter up here, now i have 3)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52956.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	917030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41950.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	917031  
Old 03-29-2008, 10:13 PM

hi my name is andy and i confess i have a problem i also belong to
the RCA, i have had a total of 15 rc's in the past year or so..bought,sold, traded what ever the case was at that time lol...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31454.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	917068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79997.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	917069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33779.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	917070  
Old 03-30-2008, 02:27 PM

i to am an adict i lost 12 pounds in the 3 mounths i have had my avalanche . no kidin i skip lunh at work to buy suspintion upgrades and maybe a p3 mod . this adiction might be ok i am at 308 now 50 more to go.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: nosweat31519

i to am an adict i lost 12 pounds in the 3 mounths i have had my avalanche . no kidin i skip lunh at work to buy suspintion upgrades and maybe a p3 mod . this adiction might be ok i am at 308 now 50 more to go.
Dude instead of spending money on mods you should take a spelling course. It took me like 2 min to get through your post.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

ORIGINAL: nosweat31519

Dude instead of spending money on mods you should take a spelling course. It took me like 2 min to get through your post.
lol i didint even notic till you said that. i gess im used to reading bad spelled worrddsessseess
Old 04-03-2008, 12:21 AM

Oh dear God Almighty in heaven do I love the smell of nitro..in the morning, noon, afternoon and night!!! Sigh it tingles in the nostrils so....ugghhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... just got another hit!! Feeling better now!! Come to think of it, I think the addiction can be passed on by genes too. Granddad played with them, dad played with them and now I am playing with nitro cars..hmmm come to think about it must be true. Wait...my 4 year old is trying to open a can of nitromethane right now...crap...gotta go!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Megabash

Oh dear God Almighty in heaven do I love the smell of nitro..in the morning, noon, afternoon and night!!! Sigh it tingles in the nostrils so....ugghhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... just got another hit!! Feeling better now!! Come to think of it, I think the addiction can be passed on by genes too. Granddad played with them, dad played with them and now I am playing with nitro cars..hmmm come to think about it must be true. Wait...my 4 year old is trying to open a can of nitromethane right now...crap...gotta go!!!
LOL ya i love the smell of it too... i am soo addicted to it i put lights on my buggy so i can go at night too!!! and ya it tingels alot! but... hpi power fuel dont smell too good... [:'(].... lol WATER... can i get a nother glass of NiTrO! WaHoO!! and ya my Grandpa playes with them still and my dad loves them and loves playing with my tornado but he is too cheep to buy his own! lol even i told him that he can use all of my stuff so you dont have to buy it all agan! and he still wont get one for himself...
Old 05-24-2008, 06:03 PM

its so addicting i got my first nitro car a month ago now i have a tornado bb,lightning sv,exceed infinity all in 1 month i need rehab
Old 05-24-2008, 06:13 PM

hahaha man they are.I just got back from the lhs bought 6 glow plugs (mc 59)and another gallon of blue thunder, air filter oil, and more after run oil. And all I could think about was I hope I don't break anything tonight lol. I'm taking my monsoon out after supper. Hope the rc gods are going to be good to me. I've already robbed the bumper off my hurricane to fix the monsoon last time out it had an argument with a goal post and lost lol.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:54 AM

I also suffer from this disease. I have 3 brand new airplanes(which I have yet to fly any of them), a nitro Tremor(with extra engine) and two .12 SH engines(new). I also have a problem with buying lots of extra spare parts even when I don't need them.(engines, props, radios, ect...)
I too love the smell of nitro. I haven't gotten to the point of huffing the nitro can yet!
Old 05-25-2008, 02:01 AM

I just sold all my aircraft had a raptor g2 and a 76" mustang with a saito 150. I suck at flying so I'll stick to the ground lol. It'll cost me less money if you seen me fly anything you'd run for cover. Actually you should do that when I drive too hahahahaha
Old 05-25-2008, 08:49 AM

Addicting? Uh, yeah. So far I've shown incredible restraint, and have had one (and only one) truck for the past 2 1/2 months, and haven't bought anything unneccesary yet (the engine still runs so no upgrading please!) I'm TRYING to hold off until winter before I buy my next one, but somehow I doubt that's going to happen.

I still only have less than 3/4 gallon though mine though, and maybe a quarter of that was due to a badly leaking tank - I just don't have the time to run it as much as I'd like, but as it is I already think about it all the time. I watch an RC video and I can actually smell the nitro and feel it burning my nose... no joke. It's crazy.

For anyone wanting to get into the hobby: DON'T!!!