Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Clutchbell @ idle

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:54 AM
xraycer71
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutchbell @ idle

Is the clutchbell suppose to spin when the engine is just idling (wheels are not moving)?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:50 AM
bkfamily1

Default RE: Clutchbell @ idle

No, and if it is, something else is wrong. When the clutch bell turns, the transmission, drive shafts, differentials and at least 2 wheels should turn (if it is 4WD). If the clutch is turning, and the wheels are not, then it seems that something is broken, loose or disengaged.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Chubbysdad

Yes the clutchbell can spin alittle. It depends on what clutch spring you have . For example, I run the 1.1 with metal shoes on my cen buggy, and the clutchbell will spin but the shoes wont grab until the rpm's are higher. Make sense or did I confuse ya.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:49 AM
bkfamily1

I would trust Clermont more than me, so I may be wrong. I do not understand how the clutch bell can spin without the wheels turning, though. If the bell is engaged with the spur gear, it seems it would have to turn also. And unless the slipper is set very loose, it seems like the whole drive train would have to be turning including at least one (2WD) or 2 (4WD) wheels. What am I missing? Are some vehicles different?
Old 04-08-2008, 11:30 PM
xraycer71

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

Yes the clutchbell can spin alittle. It depends on what clutch spring you have . For example, I run the 1.1 with metal shoes on my cen buggy, and the clutchbell will spin but the shoes wont grab until the rpm's are higher. Make sense or did I confuse ya.
That's exactly what mine is doing. Just didn't know if this was a problem. BTW, I am using the spring from the TMaxx 2.5
Old 04-08-2008, 11:40 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Your clutch bell shouldn't spin on the redcats unless the wheels are turning. If you have the VOlcano with the stock transmission then you need to see if the spur gear is turning with the clutch bell, if it is then you rslipper setup is either loose or trashed. If it's not then you spur gear is either trashed or the motor screws have come loose and the motor has shifted out of place.

Slipper Nut:
[link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=8034]http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=8034[/link]

Spur Gear
[link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/34]http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/34[/link]
Old 04-09-2008, 12:33 AM
xraycer71

Thanks, I'll check for these things.