Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Volcano EPX radio system compatibility?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano EPX radio system compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:58 AM
nikg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano EPX radio system compatibility?

I may get a Himoto truck that has an extra TX from a Volcano EPX. What RX is compatible with the redcat TX? Is only the Redcat/Himoto RX and crystals compatible, or will another brand work (Futaba, JR, Airtronics, etc.)

Two more questions
1. Does the TX have an adjustable steering rate? (so I can make it not so twitchy, not turn the servo the whole way)
2. Are Redcat and Himoto electronics the same in these trucks? (The Himoto equivalent of the Volcano EPX)

Thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 06:57 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: Volcano EPX radio system compatibility?

As long as the radio system is 27mhz you should be perfectly find. Airtronics, Futaba, Hitech any readio system using 27mhz.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:32 PM
nikg

Default RE: Volcano EPX radio system compatibility?

Thanks.

I had seen some informatin about non-compatibility, but I think that is more for FM and frequencies other than 27.