Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

sh m28 p-3 engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 01:53 AM
nnyhoser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sh m28 p-3 engine

Has anyone had any problems with these engines? I have not yet neen able to run a full tank off fuel thru this since I have owned it. 1sT 2 TANKS AT IDOL AND cannot get it tuned to stay running and once it quits its 20 minutes before it will start again. any suggestions.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:43 AM
ugly duck

Default RE: sh m28 p-3 engine

If you've got to wait 20 minutes before it'll run again, it's way too hot. What are your needle settings right now?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:21 PM
WDNTULK2NO

I had a really hard time with mine as well. I ended up resetting both the high speed and low speed adjustments backt to factory. i found that if you screw them both all the way back in "SLOWLY" then come 2.5 full turns out on both that is a good place to start. Make sure that you run the first few tanks rich so that you can break it in easy.

What you should see is heavy smoke and a thick grease / nitro goo like stuff from the muffler. After the break in period i have found you just have to adjust your butt off to get it correct. I have been at mine now for about 4 hours+ I almost have it so i can hit the breaks not kill the engine then take off again fairly well. Also from what i know as the engine wears in the adjustments may need to me worked on a bit more.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Defmeq

Just keep at it if you don't already have it figured out. This motor is insane once you get it broken in and tuned correctly. I remember having a little trouble at first getting it to work right to but once its perfect it will smoke anything on the block.