Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Landslide issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Redharris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Landslide issue

ORIGINAL: drum_n_man

the two use the same transmissions/spur gears.
Drum n Man....

They do Not.....The Mega P series is Proprietary to Himoto and the design has not been released to anyone else, as of yet.
It may look similar at first glance, but they are not Equivalent to one another. Ask Darin or RedcatNick....
After all,,,If they WERE the same, everybody would flock to Himoto everytime Redcat ran out of Stock, and that is not happening.

AllaboutFunHobbies said that they use the same "STYLE" of transmission. He did not say that they were "the Same" or that they are interchangeable.

Again, I caution people about spending their hard earned Coin on parts that you are not ABSOLUTELY sure will fit your car. Unless you can get a Money Back Guarantee plus shipping, if they Dont fit.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:54 PM
drum_n_man

look at the spur gears and not the trans.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:07 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good rule of thumb is if the part number is the same, you can assume the part will work fine.

If different part numbers are used, I would not risk it.

Darin

Old 09-02-2008, 08:13 PM
drum_n_man

but with the megap and landslide being of their own designs the part #'s would be different wouldn't they?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Redharris

but with the megap and landslide being of their own designs the part #'s would be different wouldn't they?
Lol....
Grasshopper,,,,,I believe you are Starting to understand now......
Old 09-03-2008, 09:30 AM
drum_n_man

ORIGINAL: Redharris

Lol....
Grasshopper,,,,,I believe you are Starting to understand now......
What?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 PM
drum_n_man

To get back to the main issue, I have my new bones in place and with the "mods" I did I have no rubbing whatsoever. I even did some jumping but no doughnuts, for now.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:46 PM
RedcatRacing

Update from the factory. We were hoping to have a resolution today but it will be a few more. I do know that the factory is working on stronger dogbones for the UltraLites right now and will be testing them and also will be giving us some more news on their results in the coming days.

I want to thank everyone that is doing their own testing with this and reporting the info back to us. You guys are doing great work and finding things that are helping what we are presenting to the factory.

With any new model, there is always something that needs some tweaking and this is one of them. With the changes that will be put into place it will only make the cars better in the long run. Those that have the issue now will be handled with parts at no expense to you which will resolve the issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Darin
Old 09-03-2008, 05:58 PM
drum_n_man

did some wicked doughnuts and still no rubbing. woo hoo
Old 09-03-2008, 06:02 PM
RedcatRacing

Great job Drum.

Feel free to say exactly what you did so others can do the same.

We will also have the official fix this week as we are very close and final testing will be done this week.

Darin
Old 09-03-2008, 06:12 PM
drum_n_man

I put fuel tubing in the cups like everyone says but the cup closest to the wheel needs to be a larger piece than the piece by the diff. It helps control the walking of the dogbone outward. There needs to be enough tubing to allow almost zero movement, just a tiny bit. Also, I put the upper shock mount in the lower row of the available holes in the shock tower closest to the wheel. At the bottom I have the shock mounted in the hole closer to the wheel. The spring is about as stiff as it can be. This causes the shock to be a travel limiter for the suspension. This might be a great setup for racing but who is racing their landslide. I beat on it pretty good today for about half an hour without any problems whatsoever. I actually drove the truck back in to the garage and shut it down in there. I know I can go out right now and drive without problem.
Rick.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:52 AM
NASCAR28

So when the new dog bones are out, how do we go about getting the new modified ones? Just show proof of purchase?

I just ordered new dog bones as well (that will be in 2morrow) since mine have broken too, on two occasions. I have had other issues with the Landslide as well, but I understand that there are difficulties with new models. And THANKS to Nick and everyone at REDCAT for taking care of the problem(s) on a personal basis as well. Especially since one of my issues has been one that hasn't been pointed out yet/or others havent expierenced yet.

I want to also thank REDCAT for everything they have done to correct/resolve any issues that I have had (as well as others) on the Landslide. It shows great customer service, commitment, and excellence. Its the small things like this of why I'm a REDCAT fan.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 AM
RedcatRacing

We have new dogbones and drive cups coming in about 5-7 days. When they arrive we will post the info here on how to get them.

Thanks for your patience.

Darin
Old 09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
lanered11

could you also start making metal spur gears too that would be good
Old 09-11-2008, 01:47 AM
NASCAR28

Great! Thanks for all your help Darin!
Old 09-20-2008, 04:51 PM
hellride

Hey Dude ,
I have a Landslide also, have a total of maybe 6-7 tanks of run time have broken both front and back (universal drive joint and rear dog bones) most of witch was break in. and as you say was not rough on the unit.... I"m kinda pissed, but sent info in on warranty form, it would be understandable if i was raisin hell with it.......
Old 09-20-2008, 09:33 PM
NASCAR28

Hey Darin:

Any news on the more durable parts for the landslide ya were testing out?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:02 AM
ic6008tanga

When is the new dogbone going to be released.

I have the same problem with my landslide, those two rear dogbone. One fell off which I cant find, the other is bent with scratch mark on it.

I though at first it just fell off, luckily I went looking for anyone here who has the same problem. And behold, its not just me.

The truck was my gift to my son who enjoys running it. Even though its has a small engine but it can out turn my Tamiya tnx 2.5. But now it sits on the shelf waiting for the parts that I ordered.

Its a good thing Redcat is looking into this problem seriously. For that I am thankful that Redcat has a great customer support.

I was also looking around from some manufacturer for a similar lenght but bigger dogbone. But since you guys are coming up with an improve one, Ill try that one first. But when will it be available?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:46 AM
NASCAR28

I just broke my 4th and 5th dogbone. The parts are not that expensive for the dogbones (now adding up in parts cost), but now im getting tired of replacing them mainly due to the fact I have to order new ones constantly.

But I cant even order the front dogbones b/c they are not available, so it makes no sense to order the rear ones that I need too if I have to pay extra for shipping by ordering 2 different times. Besides I wouldnt be able to run the truck anyhow.

Any word yet on the fix? When can we start getting the new parts?

I KNOW THIS IS NOT REDCATs PROBLEM AT ALL. SO DONT BLAME THEM. THEY HAVE GONE OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP EVERYONE.

IM JUST ANXIOUS TO RUN THE TRUCK W/O THE DOGBONES BREAKING....just thought they would be available by now...
Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Redcat Nick

They should be here any day now. And as soon as they get here we will post it so all of you can get the parts.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:56 AM
drum_n_man

With what I did to my landslide i've been running it for 2 or 3 weeks without any issues and no signs of any wear whatsoever. I would like for the new fix to come in too but have no problems now.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:26 PM
RedcatRacing

As Nick said the new parts will be here in a few days. I believe they are shipping today from China, and it takes 3-4 days to get here once shipped assuming there are no customs delays.

When they come in, everyone that is having the issues will get new dog bones and drive cups at no charge. We will post instructions here when they arrive and let you know how to get them.

For those of you that went through a few sets of dogbones before you found this thread, we will also take care of you and offer a credit for the parts you bought that had the problem.

Sorry for the delay but I really thought the factory would have them done much sooner.

Have good weekend all.

Darin
Old 09-26-2008, 06:00 PM
NASCAR28

Thanks Darin for all your help that you and your company are doing for us.....
Old 09-26-2008, 07:24 PM
chevyderek72

its crazy what darin will go through for us. he has no obligation to do anything for us really, cause it wasnt his fault that the parts are broken or defective. But its really cool, ive never heard of a company doing this before, keep up the good work darin.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:58 PM
shadow21
My Feedback: (4)

Yea i tell you guys what. Ive spent more money on things that were complete crap and the companies didnt do dick for me (not saying redcat is crap). I love the customer service that i get. If i have a problem they help me out. If i call they arent like UGH JOHNAS *** U CALLING ME FOR!? They could have been dicks about this whole situation and been like well this is complete BS but they didnt. Thats why i will ALWAYS buy redcat products from now on. I dont care if it WAS the biggest most stinking pile of crap that was ever made but i guarantee that redcat would send me some air freshener to make it smell great! So once again. I love this company and i DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THEM. So i want to thank Darin, Mike and Nick for looking out for me. I would also like to thank Mike at Nitro Deals for helping me out as well. Ive yet to find someone that has anything to do with redcat to be complete *****s. Im just so glad these guys are as passionate about the hobby and the products that they sell as the customers are. Thats why they ARE the greatest company in the industry IMHO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.