Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado S-30 Hopups????

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 06:32 PM
ssrc30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado S-30 Hopups????

I am waiting for my Tornado S-30 to arrive and I am just wondering if there are any aftermarket upgrades that are available for these cars? I plan to do ALOT of hard bashing with this car and someone told me that the Tornado's parts are compatible with alot of the Kyosho, and other similar models, but I don't know for sure. Any help will be gladly accepted.

Steve
Old 10-01-2008, 04:28 PM
el_tonto

Default RE: Tornado S-30 Hopups????

What kind of surface will you be mostly running on? and what kind of jumps do you think you'll be doing? If you're really gonna be going hard, then you should probably consider a bigger truck with more suspension travel, and something with much larger tires. Buggies do what they do well, but they aren't really hardcore bashers (no matter who makes them).
Old 10-02-2008, 12:19 AM
ssrc30

Ya well i dont plan on jumping off of buildings or anything like that but i do wanna take it on and off road a fair bit and run it pretty hard
Old 10-02-2008, 03:06 PM
el_tonto

Fair enough. Many people swap the 2-speed for the single speed. I've wrecked two one-way bearings in the two speed (driving offroad).

I think Redcat have long ditched the alloy clutchbell, but just make sure that it's steel. The alloy one is weak.

Personally I've had no problems with the wheels but several people have had them crack. Possibly because the tires don't come with foams so the wheels really take a pounding.

The front shock tower bends easily - It's exposed in a roll-over. The Volcano has an additional brace which might be a direct fit (on the other hand, unless you actually break the tower it is trivial to bend back into shape).

Aluminium arms etc are up to you. Many people like them, but many don't.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:35 PM
ssrc30

Thanks for the info. I will definitely take your advice when I get my Tornado.

Much appreciated