Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

cyclone high end needle o-ring

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 10:09 PM
hondaidiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cyclone high end needle o-ring

ok well the title says it all that is what i need and right now i am SOL till i find one, the himoto usa website doesnt carry them go freaking figure its their damn car and they dont even sell the part what a load of bs, so anyways can anyone tell me where i can go to get one or what size it is so i can hunt around and find some here locally please!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:43 AM
jpilkinton

Default RE: cyclone high end needle o-ring

As far as I know, they don't carry small engine parts(if any at all). Just the car parts. You might have to go to the manufacture for the engine parts. Or better yet, try a hardware store. I bought a huge o-ring set from Harbor Freights and they have worked for me.
I am needing exhaust gaskets for my Redcat .5cc on-road car and nobody carries the gaskets. Just the manifolds. So I know what you mean. I am having to make my own gaskets.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:25 AM
hondaidiot

oh but they sell the carb o-rings go figure that one out, i mean for petes sake its their damn car they sell, i'm about ready to just throw the thing in the lake and forget about it, or sell it as a raft anchor, isnt heavy enough to hold a boat still[:@]
Old 10-22-2008, 08:34 AM
codokas

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...5&I=LXWW14&P=K
Those worked for me,But put in O-rings in their search engine and about 5-6 come up-I bought them all,they are less then a dollar to a few bucks a piece
No parts supplier carries parts for the carbs,lucky Tower Hobbies does for only a very few engines

DOUG

ORIGINAL: hondaidiot

ok well the title says it all that is what i need and right now i am SOL till i find one, the himoto usa website doesnt carry them go freaking figure its their damn car and they dont even sell the part what a load of bs, so anyways can anyone tell me where i can go to get one or what size it is so i can hunt around and find some here locally please!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 AM
hondaidiot

this car is a piece of junk, tower hobbies only sells electric cyclone car they dont sell nitro power cars so they didnt know what size it would take
Old 10-22-2008, 10:15 AM
codokas

I realize that-but I bought the o rings from them and they worked on my VX 16 carb.The link I posted above is the first ones I tried and they worked just perfect
DOUG

this car is a piece of junk, tower hobbies only sells electric cyclone car they dont sell nitro power cars so they didnt know what size it would take
Old 10-22-2008, 11:06 AM
chevyderek72

what size engine is it? cause i have an engine i probably wont use and ill just throw you the o-ring from it if you want
Old 10-22-2008, 02:03 PM
jpilkinton

oh but they sell the carb o-rings go figure that one out, i mean for petes sake its their damn car they sell, i'm about ready to just throw the thing in the lake and forget about it, or sell it as a raft anchor, isnt heavy enough to hold a boat still[:@]
I could use a raft anchor!
I found another good place for o-rings, FASTENAL. They can get any size diameter & thickness o-ring that you can think of. I have one of their big books, I'll look and see what the smallest is.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:29 PM
hondaidiot

oh sweet ok, i am supposed to go over to the rc track tonight and get it from the guy but if i can find somewhere to get it i'll just leave it with him a bit longer and have him install it while its there, he has the box it came in and everything.