Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Volcano SV starts but won't move-HELP!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano SV starts but won't move-HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 08:00 PM
tagacali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano SV starts but won't move-HELP!!!

Can anybody please help me on how to check and repair my Redcat Volcano SV. My truck starts but somehow it it stalling. It is somehow on a full brake. I could forcely move it but the engine will overheat and maybe breaks. It seems like the throttle won't spin or in a lock mode. Help PLEEEASSSSSEE!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:35 PM
natanddiane

Default RE: Volcano SV starts but won't move-HELP!!!

zapped you an email.. need more info though. Is the engine free wheelong like mad, and the truck not moving at all? Is it acting like there is something holding her back? Does the clutch feel hot? Is there a " chatter" noise?

Give me more details.. or best yet, send me a video of whats happening in reply to the email I sent you. I can really let you know better if i can hear and see.. or with more input.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:52 PM
tagacali

The truck feels like something holding her back. Yes, the clutch feels hot & there's a chatter noise when I force the trigger to throttle.
What it is, I got it back from RedCat with a new engine so I broken her in yesterday and tuned it. It was running great but something I notice from her yesterday is that, it doesn't move freely when it's about to stop. It will do like a hard stop. It should just be on a rolling stop. I just thought it was the tire & asphalt that's making it like that. But today, it will just not move at all unless I force the trigger/remote to a full throttle but it gets hot. As I've said earlier, it feels like something holding her back. The only thing I did after I ran it yesterday, I remove the tires and clean it and replaced the battery (not fully charge, maybe half charged).
Old 11-16-2008, 09:47 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you prolly got a rock or some other foriegn debri locking it up...check around your transmisson/center diff real close...you should be able to spin either the front wheels and the rear wheels turn or vice versa with all 4 off the ground...make sure everything is free..the reason your clutchbell is getting hot is your smoking your clutch
Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 PM
tagacali

Thanks guys, found the culprit. One of the gears(clutch maybe) has a broken tooth. Thanks again for lookin' out.